Lead Data Scientist
Insights Team | Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates | Full Time
We are looking for a hands-on data science lead responsible for outlining the architecture as well as building visual analytics solutions. Your responsibility will be to support and guide the business in many dashboard and analytics data visualisation needs while leading discovery and execution of the same, you will have full autonomy to take ownership of your work and to drive analytics in new areas.
This role will help analyse, advise and plan the implementation of machine learning and other data science techniques. Our client will rely on your experience to guide decisions from technology to best practice. This role requires proven "hands on" skills delivering similar data science / machine learning projects. Strong communication skills in explaining technical ideas to non-tech stakeholders and being able to be engaging and draw interest.
- Strong knowledge with data science & machine learning techniques, analytics and data modelling.
- Strong software and computer skills with SQL and related technologies.
- Experience working on large datasets, ideally with exposure to Salesforce (not essential)
- Strong data analysis and ideally advance statistical / maths skills, able to derive trends and identify root causes from data.
- Hands on experience with scripting tools such as: Python, R and others.
- Ideally hands on experience or a firm understanding of building machine learning programmes.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to gather requirements and turn into deliverables through developing own solutions and researching 3rd party solutions.
- Results and detail-oriented approach to work delivery and output
- Ability to work both under own initiative and take direction from others.
- Source, clean and organise data according to the clients’ data standards
- Develop software for processing and analysing data
- Develop measurable predictive models
- Support development and data science work of ROI framework
- Where applicable support other data science projects and ad hoc data analysis requests
- Evidence continual data management and development best practices to include:
- Technology exploration and recommendations
- Infrastructure design/development
- Code standards and optimisation
- Maintain/extend data platform
- Build and extend data providers to feed data to algorithms
- Maintain database design/implementation to store the relevant data sets
- Technical and non-technical documentation of the work done
- Review and iterate models based on feedback
- Work and liaise with business stakeholders and technical teams
Interested? Apply as soon as possible
To all recruitment agencies, we do not accept unsolicited agency CVs.