Mechanical (Energy) Engineer
Engineering (Design) | Blue Bell, PA
IPS-Integrated Project Services is a global leader in developing innovative and cost effective solutions for the engineering, construction, commissioning and qualification of complex pharmaceutical and biotech research and manufacturing facilities. With technical expertise spanning R&D to pilot-scale to large-scale production, our team specializes in the technology, trends and regulatory environment to successfully deliver capital projects and improve operations. For over twenty years, we have applied unique LEAN methodologies throughout the project life cycle, continually finding ways to do things better and more efficiently, delivering higher quality and controlling costs. Headquartered in Lafayette Hill, PA, IPS is a multi-national company with over 700 professionals and offices in Indiana, Massachusetts, New Jersey, North Carolina, Brazil and four locations in India. Visit our website at www.ipsdb.com.
Design & Engineering, Construction, Commissioning, Qualification, Validation, LEAN Project Delivery, Oral Solid Dosage, Aseptic Technolgies, Program Management, Master Planning, Sustainability/Energy, Operations/Logistics Planning, BIM Technology
IPS – Integrated Project Services is searching for an ENERGY/MECHANICAL ENGINEER for their Lafayette Hill, PA office. The successful individual will assist in planning, designing and directing engineering projects focusing on energy efficiency within the business unit. The assignments contain specific tasks on project teams and the individual is expected to use their education, experience and common sense to resolve the engineering problems and tasks assigned. Projects assigned will vary based on experience but will largely focus on energy efficiency as it pertains to HVAC systems and central utility plants predominantly within pharmaceutical and higher education markets.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducts energy assessments of facilities to identify potential energy savings projects.
- Analyze data from assessment to calculate quantity of utility savings.
- Prepare design computations and quantity estimates for potential project costs.
- Uses computer-assisted engineering and design software to perform engineering and energy savings calculations including Carrier HAP and eQUEST.
- Modifies reports, specifications, plans, construction schedules, environmental impact studies and designs for projects.
- Makes calculations, using engineering formulas and skills for design such as heating and cooling loads, lighting calculations and equipment sizing.
- Provides drawings for own designs and produces sketches to incorporate in drawings by drafters.
- Keeps Project Manager informed of work load and any changes in project scope or additional services. Provides information to Project Manager for incorporation into specifications.
- Researches code issues and ask general questions of code officials.
- Organizes and maintains project files which allow efficient access to information required by other team members.
- Assures that drawings and designs are in accordance with company production and design standards.
- Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited four-year college or university.
- Minimum of five (5)+ years mechanical engineering or energy engineering experience.
- Experience in the pharmaceutical industry or central utility plants is strongly preferred.
- Expertise in computer operation for engineering design programs and computer aided drafting (CAD).
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Excel or similar spreadsheet calculation tools.
- General knowledge of alternative energies, federal, local government incentive and rebate programs and life cycle cost analysis.
- Engineer in Training (EIT) certification. Registered P.E. (professional engineer) preferred.
- Certified Energy Manager (CEM) or LEED AP accreditation a plus.
We are proud of our organization and our greatest asset - our team of talented professionals. The Knowledge, Skill and Passion of our team is integral to the success of our entire organization.
We are committed to having fun, too. Throughout the year we have various activities such as company barbeques, state of the company addresses and themed celebrations. In addition, we make sure we give back to our communities by participating in local charity events such as Habitat for Humanity volunteer days, Toys for Tots and other local sponsorships.