Director of Finance & Administration
Finance | Norwood, MA | Full Time
Role: Director of Finance & Administration
Marketing | Norwood, MA | Full Time
Patchology is a new kind of beauty brand that is focused on quick-fix, time-saving skincare solutions that are backed by serious science. Our eye and lip patches, sheet masks, foot treatments and mud masks are available at major department stores (Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom etc.) and specialty beauty stores (Bluemercury, ULTA etc.) both in the US and internationally. We have ambitious growth goals for the years ahead, and it is critical that we manage our growth in a responsible and disciplined manner.
About the Role:
If you are ready to take everything you’ve learned in your accounting and finance career and apply it in a leadership role in a rapidly growing startup then we can’t wait to meet you! And if you have a passion for beauty products, so much the better.
We are looking for an up-and-coming, high potential finance leader to provide operational rigor, deeply analyze and understand all aspects of our business and support our rapid growth. You will be a key member of the leadership team, working closely with other business leaders to build a high-performing organization. This position reports directly to the CEO and supervises our part-time Accountant.
Manage part-time Accountant to run the accounting function, from the monthly general ledger close process to transactional processing (AR, AP and payroll), monthly bank reconciliations, collections and financial reporting, including cash flow, inventory requirements and forecasting.
Monitor and analyze monthly operating results against plan and keep senior leadership team abreast of the organization’s status on key metrics.
Lead annual budgeting and planning process in conjunction with the CEO; administer and review all financial plans and budgets
Coordinate and lead the annual audit process, liaise with external auditors, CEO and the Board of Directors as needed; report and file taxes with federal & state agencies.
Review legal agreements across the company, including outsourcing to outside counsel as necessary.
Oversee all HR and insurance plans including selection and management of vendors, competitive pricing review, and company communication.
Support fundraising efforts including financial modeling, investor communications, coordination with law firm, document review and distribution; manage company capitalization table in eShares
- Willingness to perform other duties as necessary
- The successful candidate will be an up-and-coming leader with 7-10 years of experience working in a management position in Accounting and/or Finance
- Demonstrated financial and business acumen, ideally in a consumer products environment. Accounting degree required, CPA preferred.
- Great analytical and problem-solving skills, ability to lead organizations in a rapidly changing environment. Proven ability to build strong relationships of trust & confidence.
- Strong technical skills with ability to utilize various financial software applications and spreadsheets (Quickbooks, Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets)
Be part of a fast-growing, on-trend beauty brand
Work with passionate, creative and talented industry veterans
Flexible working environment
- Solid benefits package