Ruby on Rails Full-Stack Developer
Engineering | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Great opportunity to work with a dynamic, high growth e-Commerce start-up. iOffer.com is looking for talented and motivated engineers who want to gain experience in the full stack of a web application. Experience with Ruby and Rails is a requirement - education in computer science or software engineering is a plus. Ideal applicants will be able to learn quickly, be eager to take on new challenges, and work well with our existing team.
We are a small-but-growing (and profitable) company of 10 people. We have a flexible schedule and occasional work-from-home days. We love to improve the app regularly for our customers and all suggestions and opinions are both heard and welcomed.
Rails 2.3/Ruby 1.8.7
jQuery 1.8 & 2.0
MySQL, Redis, Memcached, Solr, Resque, Sneakers, Sidekiq, RabbitMQ
We run the infrastructure on a virtualized platform (VMware) on baremetal.
• Prior experience with RoR or equivalent MVC framework
• Exceptional critical thinking and problem solving skills
• Ability to develop simple, elegant solutions to complex problems
• You should be flexible to try new technology
• Prior work experience at a consumer-facing site
• Experience with Apache Solr search server
• Knowledge of Git version control
• Understanding of distributed systems
Since 2002, iOffer has provided a global online marketplace that connects buyers and sellers all over the world, with over 10M users using iOffer's platform for their eCommerce needs. There are many interesting scale, performance, and architectural projects to tackle.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Salary: DOE / Local applicants only (San Francisco, CA) -- no remote.