VP, Client Success
Client Success Team | Norwalk, CT | Full Time
Investment Metrics, the leading provider of investment performance analytics and reporting solutions for the institutional investment community is looking for a leader of its Client Success Team.
The Vice President of Client Success will have a unique opportunity to reimagine how we build, enhance, and measure our client relationships. A recent merger with InvestorForce, another leading provider of performance analytics and reporting, coupled with our private-equity backed growth strategy, has created a need to develop a deeper, more robust and scalable approach to supporting our clients.
The Vice President of Client Success will have broad responsibility to lead this work, ensuring that we retain and expand our client relationships, along with developing a client success team marked by excellence and efficiency. As Vice President of Client Success, you are leveraging your extensive client services background to lead implementation, account management, and support of the company’s global client base. You will design and implement strategic initiatives to engage the company’s clients and build brand loyalty while providing steady coaching and leadership to the client success team.
You will work in partnership with other business units (sales, marketing, product, etc.) to drive value for clients and maximize retention, minimize churn, and develop strong references within existing accounts.
- Drive client success outcomes and maintain best-in-class renewal rates and reduce controllable churn
- Contribute to future lifetime contract value through product upsell, engagement and adoption, client satisfaction, and overall health scores
- Drive accountability, urgency, and accuracy in daily client interactions
- Capture and synthesize client feedback in a way that increases our understanding and allows us to take action on their needs
- Strengthen the existing training and self-serve capabilities to equip our clients to address common issues
- Develop the most key performance measures for the customer success area and embed them into how your team works
- Implement the support/success tools & systems to measure outcomes and proactively identify customer issues
- Manage the following client success activities: onboarding, system’s migrations, training, professional services, client support, client success management, renewals, advocacy
- Drive new business growth through greater advocacy and reference-ability
- Lead a world-class client success team and attract high-potential individual contributors to team
- Create a rapid onboarding process for new team members, foster team collaboration across the client life cycle, and encourage continuous learning and professional development
- Enhance program effectiveness and efficiency using technology that includes support systems, client marketing software, reference and advocacy solutions, and client success management platforms
- A proven record designing, implementing, and leading a successful customer experience program within an enterprise software / SaaS environment
- Knowledge of how to successfully map the client journey with defined key points for each step in the journey (e.g. usage, satisfaction, etc.)
- Understanding of how to standardize interventions for each point in the client journey, define segmentation of client base and varying strategies, and identify opportunities for continuous improvement across the CSM function
- Proven ability to measure the effectiveness of client success programs, define operational metrics for team, establish system for tracking metrics, create cadence for review within team, and expose subset of metrics to executive team, company, and board
- Excellent leadership skills, with an ability to lead by example and be hands-on, while effectively using a team to increase leverage
- An entrepreneurial spirit with a bias for proactively tackling issues with limited guidance
- The ability to bring structure and focus to a team without stifling it with process and hierarchy
- Strong problem-solving skills and data-driven approach to inform solutions
- A continuous improvement mindset
- Deep experience with Zendesk and Salesforce
- Ability to drive company-wide culture of Client Success and champion the definition of the ideal client
- Ability to collaborate with sales, marketing, product, finance, and the executive team to ensure client success programs align with company initiatives for product promotion, cross-sell and up-sell campaigns, product roadmap, revenue measurement and forecasting, and overall business objectives
- Experience creating company-wide client feedback loop to ensure client satisfaction and maximize retention