Software Engineer - Data Automation
Quality Assurance | Conshohocken, PA | Full Time
Investment Metrics, the leading provider of investment performance analytics and reporting solutions for the institutional investment community, is looking for a Software Engineer to join their expanding team.
We are looking for a Software Engineer to join our development team in Conshohocken, PA. This role will heavily be focused on building out a modern data automation platform for the company. You will work with our database and application development teams in supporting and enhancing current products, designing and building automated ETL processes, building or consuming new APIs and micro services as well as development of new products. You will be a key person in our strategic initiatives to explore and implement modern data architectures. You should be a motivated professional who enjoys building and optimizing data schemas based on application needs and can quickly adapt and learn new systems as necessary. You must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems and products.
- Performing data analysis as needed to drive the design of software products or data automation/ETL processes.
- Helping to design and build solid, high-quality automated data processes using a variety of tools.
- Writing high-quality, high-performance code whether in stored procedures, ETL processes, or ad-hoc queries.
- Analyzing currently data processes and automating them within a common framework.
- Supporting the Data Operations team through the identification, design, and construction of data management systems and tools, as well as improving existing ETL processes and designing new ones.
- Work collaboratively with the Data Collections Products team to build new applications to meet business needs and goals.
- Analyze and develop code based on specification.
- Build processes supporting data transformation and data structures
- Research solutions to technical problems.
Desired Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree and 2+ years of relevant professional experience.
- 2+ years of experience .Net/.Net Core development with C#
- 2+ years of writing complex T-SQL stored procedures.
- 2+ years of designing, testing and troubleshooting ETL processes/data automation processes.
- 2+ years of experience with Microsoft SQL Server.
- Ability to work independently and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Strong analytic skills related to working with structured and unstructured datasets.
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
- Experience with manipulating data sets in python or other development language is a plus.
About Investment Metrics
We are the leading provider of investment performance analytics and reporting solutions for institutional investors, investment consultants, asset managers, and private wealth advisors. We help our global clients analyze, measure and report on over $10 trillion assets under advisement in a highly insightful, accurate and efficient manner.
Our global database of traditional and alternative strategies is heavily relied upon by the leading investment consultants and asset owners for manager vetting and screening. It provides asset managers the exposure they deserve while allowing them to tell their best story to attract new asset allocations.
Our global clients include Aon Hewitt, JP Morgan, Mercer, Pension Consulting Alliance, RVK, Segal Marco Advisors, Wells Fargo to name a few.
Visit our website for more information www.invmetrics.com.