QA – Manual and Automation Test Engineer
Information Technology | Norwalk, CT | Full Time
Investment Metrics, the leading provider of investment performance analytics and reporting solutions for the institutional investment community, is looking for a QA – Manual and Automation Test Engineer to join their expanding team.
We are looking for a QA – Manual and Automation Test Engineer to join our growing development team in Norwalk, CT. You will work with our application development teams in supporting and enhancing current products as well as development of new products. You should be an experienced professional who work proactively to achieve agreed targets and goals, has the ability to handle challenges and uncertainties, update your technical knowledge and importantly are a good team player. You must also be familiar with Agile methodologies and principles and/or have experience working in an Agile team. We seek an applicant who will thrive in an open, dynamic, flexible, collaborative environment and the opportunity to work in a high performing team.
- As an QA – Manual and Automation Test Engineer, you will build test plans and scenarios, build use cases and use data to test and support project requirements
- Execute test cases/scripts/scenarios on schedule (Functional, Systems Integration, and Regression Testing), and open defects in the reporting system
- Navigate and service multiple projects and demands.
- Assist the team to maintain product and system stability
- Evaluate the functional and non-functional requirements for test-ability, and use suitable cases for automation
- Develop/build test automation strategy and focus specifically on maximising reusability for regression
- Design, build and execute automated tests to validate data centric applications
- Identify regression testing needs and create and maintain an Automated Regression Suite
- Provide test execution reports
- Work closely with architects to analyse the end-to-end scenarios, gather requirements, and design the test cases that needs to be automated
- Maintain automated scripts utilising the existing framework, adhering to coding standards
- Suggest/explore alternate tools for automation to bring-in more productivity and coverage
- Participate in troubleshooting and drive root cause analysis and resolution
DESIRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's degree or Master’s degree in Computer Applications and 5+ years of [P1] relevant professional experience.
- Minimum 5 years [P2] of relevant experience in Test automation tools like Selenium/Winium preferably in projects related to Financial Services
- Experience as Test Automation Specialist and being able to prepare test data with necessary support
- In-depth understanding in developing test scripts using tools like Selenium/Winium
- Proven ability in building test strategy and test plans for data centric application projects
- Comfortable with frequent, incremental code testing and deployment
- Relatively good understanding of database fundamentals and SQLs.
- Experience with version control tools (TFS, Git)
- In-depth experience with using Agile lifecycle management tools like Jira
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
Preferable Expertise and Exposure
- Good to have expertise in programming languages like C#
- Familiarity with Agile development
- Familiarity with Microsoft Test Manager(MTM)
- Hands on experience with ETL processes.
- Expertise in testing Large Volume Data processing.
- Familiarity with load testing
- Ability to manage change and proven time management
- Good interpersonal skills aiding the team effort to achieve the desired results
- Up-to-date technical knowledge on a continual basis.
- ISTQB Test Automation Engineering Certification or other alternative certifications would be an added positive
About Investment Metrics:
We are the leading provider of investment performance analytics and reporting solutions for institutional investors, investment consultants, asset managers, and private wealth advisors. We help our global clients analyze, measure and report on over $10 trillion assets under advisement in a highly insightful, accurate and efficient manner.
Our global database of traditional and alternative strategies, is heavily relied upon by the leading investment consultants and asset owners for manager vetting and screening. It provides asset managers the exposure they deserve while allowing them to tell their best story to attract new asset allocations.
Our global clients include Aon Hewitt, JP Morgan, Mercer, Pension Consulting Alliance, RVK, Segal Marco Advisors, Wells Fargo to name a few.
Visit our website for more information www.invmetrics.com.