Business Development Representative
Sales | Norwalk, CT | Full Time
Investment Metrics, the leading provider of investment performance analytics and reporting solutions for the institutional investment community is looking for Business Development Representatives to join its Americas Sales Team and help drive new revenue.
The Business Development Representative will have a good understanding of general investment concepts and have experience working with or calling into Asset Management firms across North America. This role will work as part of the Americas Sales Team to drive introductions and identify potential prospects for a range of Investment Metrics solutions. This position will be critical to support revenue and growth objectives in this dynamically evolving business group. Your efforts will strengthen Investment Metrics brand as a leader in providing unique and insightful analytics into this market segment.
The key objective of this position will be to secure new client demonstrations while simultaneously providing the Sales team with important intelligence about the key issues facing the prospects. Having an understanding of the investment industry and former experience in the asset management space will contribute greatly to the success of this position.
- Use prospecting strategies to lead initial outreach to prospects for Investment Metrics’ Research Platform line of products.
- Identify the needs and challenges of the prospective customer
- Execute sales phone and email campaigns to defined market segments at set intervals
- Determine the prospect's interest in a range of investment product research tools
- Schedule discovery/demo meetings for sales representatives and sales engineers
- Achieve set number of outbound connections per day
- Achieve set number of meetings booked per week
- Maintain consistent and accurate records on activity completed in assigned CRM
- Stay current with all product enhancements, and understand benefits of key new developments
- Deliver compelling and direct responses to commonly asked questions from targets
- Attend all assigned Sales meetings and training sessions
- Excellent phone, writing, and listening skills
- Self-starter who has a desire to learn, grow, and excel in their role
- Knowledge of investment management business and general organizational structure
- Interest in investment industry, analytics and sales
- 1+ yr year of professional, business development experience, consistently meeting and exceeding stated metrics.
- Bachelor’s Degree or work equivalent.
- Familiarity with LinkedIn Sales Navigator, Salesloft, Salesforce.com, Zoom info, Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Ability to work remotely in a private, quiet environment.
- Depending upon assignment, flexible working hours to cover various time zones.