Product Development | SANTA MONICA, CA
Software Engineer – PHP/MySQL
You like it all. You are smart, and motivated by engineering great products. In this role you’ll be developing our android application (mobile web), core back-end components and larger features, as well as contributing to the core architecture of the system. Creating a global credit scoring platform involves solving problems that are both conceptually and technically hard, so you’ll get a mix of experience including engineering and scaling for a high-volume web platform and working with big data systems and algorithms in areas such as machine learning and data mining.
We're still small, so this is an opportunity to join the team early and have a big impact on what we’re creating. We’re looking for someone who cares passionately about user experience and welcomes feedback, and is looking to help build a company as well as software components.
- Strong familiarity with PHP
- Experience with other programming languages
- Comfortable crafting complex queries in MySQL
- Familiar with the Android SDK
- Experience in team software development; familiar with agile
- You’re experienced across multiple programming languages and have worked in a team; familiar with agile
- You can talk about examples where you’ve dealt with conceptually difficult product issues, tricky technical work and significant performance challenges
- Bonus Points! Entrepreneurial experience. You’ve built something from scratch, know how to work independently and can be effective above all else
Most importantly, you’re a nice person, with a sense of humor. We work pretty hard and we all need to get along. You’re a logical thinker who is also creative. You’re objective, and embrace critique. And you’re an experimenter - nothing here is static.
Does that sound awesome? Then we can't wait to meet you.
InVenture is one the few venture-backed startups in the US focused on the fastest growing economies in the world. Our mobile technologies and data science are accelerating the unprecedented emergence of 3 billion underbanked people into the global middle class.
We are building products that help underserved people in emerging markets build credit, save money & access loans and offers for what they need when they need it. All it takes is a phone, and our users love us for it.
Inventure is backed by Lowercase Capital, Google Ventures, Collaborative Fund and other leading venture & impact investors. Our work has been recognized by Vodafone, Forbes, FastCompany and the Economist.
Please learn much more about us: