Development | Scotts Valley, CA | Full Time
Intuvo is looking for a Scrum Master. That's what this role is called at other companies. Here it's more like a ringleader. And tightrope walker. And rodeo clown. All in one. Sure, we know you "have people skills" and you're "good at dealing with people" ... but can you walk that delicate line in the three ringed circus that is development, product management, and executive management? Sure, we know you're familiar with "Agile" and "SWOT" and "PDLC" and numerous other synergistic, opportunistic, low-hanging methodologies ... but can you tame these beasts effectively while at the same time keeping the audience entertained?
We're looking for someone who will work directly with our Product Manager and CTO to achieve the best performance from our team. You will manage multiple projects and ensure that a systematic process is established for planning, directing, monitoring, adjusting, and controlling the project. You will help mentor our team in the elements of project execution as well as coaching them to be accountable to their commitments.
We're a small company. We have small teams. We're growing. Want to jump on board and help keep us in our (swim) lanes? Very interested, somewhat interested, or not interested. Which one? Which one? Which one?
- Plan and facilitate project and release activities, including sprint planning, release planning, daily scrum and other brainstorm meetings.
- Continually evaluate the schedule, ensuring that work is accomplished, validating that resources are used as planned and updating the schedule as needed.
- Work with product manager to ensure that user stories and backlogs are properly articulated, prioritized and documented.
- Manage multiple projects and guide team members using Agile/Scrum practices.
- Work with the project team(s) to divide work into manageable tasks, so that the cost and completion date of the project can be forecasted.
- Develop and manage overall project plans and schedule while ensuring that all deliverables and resources required are within the scope of the project.
- Coach, motivate, and guide the team in Scrum methodology and continuous process improvement for successful project performance.
- Analyze current Agile practices/processes, prioritize areas of improvement and work with key stakeholders to implement the improvements.
- Work collaboratively with developers, product manager, and technical architects.
- Protect the team from external disruptions and keep team on track with deliverables.
- Create project status reports and metrics.
- Examine the risk factors of projects and identifies specific risk items. Manage risks by taking action to eliminate or mitigate risk while creating contingency plans to reduce related uncertainties and consequences.
- Managing, tracking and follow-up of action items, issues and conflicts as needed.
- Identify opportunities for process and tool improvements.
- Perform other duties as requested.
Required Knowledge & Experience:
- PMP and Scrum Master Certifications are a plus.
- A minimum of four years of related project management.
- A minimum of two years of scrum master experience.
- Kanban methodology knowledge and experience is a plus.
- Use and/or administration of Atlassian, Jira, Portfolio and Confluence experience is a plus.
- Demonstrated expert knowledge and experience of project management principles and techniques.
- Demonstrated expert knowledge and experience of Agile methodologies (Scrum and Kanban).
- Facilitate Sprint Planning, Backlog Grooming, Daily Standups, Sprint Review, and Sprint Retrospectives ceremonies.
- Use Agile metrics to track the Team and Release progress.
- Portfolio project management experience.
- Project, program and portfolio level resource management experience.
- Experience working in a project management office environment.
- Ability create and manage project and program schedules.
- Demonstrated ability to manage on-time, within budget delivery of complex projects in a stressful, fast paced environment.
- Ability to thrive and work in an ambiguous environment.
- Ability to multi-task and manage several on-going projects at various stages.
- Exceptional ability to present concise and accurate information to team members, staff, peers, vendors, customers, management and analytical skills.
- Extremely well organized and detail oriented.
- Experience working with all corporate levels.
- Skillful negotiator and problem solver.
- Ability to work effectively within a team, resulting in on-time delivery.
- Excellent knowledge of PC based computer systems, including MS Word, Project, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, etc.
Hours & Compensation
- Full time position with health benefits, catered lunches and a membership to the one of the best gyms in Santa Cruz county (with a pool, tennis courts, indoor basketball, racquetball, weights, and group fitness classes).
- Silicon Valley commuters experience an excellent reverse commute.
- Employees with longer commutes have the option to work remotely 1-2 days a week once fully acclimated to our environments.
- Relocation assistance is possible for the right candidate.