VP, Global Marketing
Marketing & Communications | Orlando, FL | Full Time
The Vice President of Global Marketing is responsible for event and membership marketing for the association. This includes event marketing, new member recruitment, member retention, and product and service marketing. Performance will be evaluated based on achievement of specified goals. The vice president also manages the association’s brand around the world.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan, create, and oversee the effective execution of global fully integrated marketing programs to attract new members to the association, retain existing members, and achieve attendance/participation goals for all events and programs.
- Work collaboratively with IAAPA’s regional offices in Asia-Pacific; Europe, Middle East, and Africa; Latin America; and North America to insure all membership and events goals are achieved. This includes working with the regional teams to develop, execute, customize, and evaluate the global strategies to insure success in all regions.
- Work closely with the Global Education and Member Services team to measure product and service awareness and satisfaction. Implement key learnings to enhance marketing strategies for the future.
- Establish, develop materials for, and support the member onboarding program. Ensure approach maximizes product and service awareness and member engagement.
- Analyze global membership and event attendance trends to identify areas of opportunity. Include that learning in long-range marketing plans and strategies.
- Recommend and implement membership, event, product, and service pricing and promotional strategies to drive performance.
- Oversee the necessary training programs, support services, and checks and balances to ensure the consistent execution of IAAPA’s brand around the world. This includes facilitating the regional customization of various marketing campaigns to ensure brand consistency, effectiveness, and goal attainment.
- Oversee the work of external creative service and marketing agencies to develop and execute effective campaigns and programs.
- Stay current on the latest trends in marketing, communications, and association membership development strategies, implementing innovative, new tactics that will improve performance of IAAPA’s programs.
- Develop and supervise the implementation of marketing strategies to promote IAAPA trade shows, meetings, and events including but not limited to IAAPA Attractions Expo, Asian Attractions Expo (in collaboration with Asia Pacific Office), Euro Attractions Show (in collaboration with the EMEA Office), IAAPA Leadership Conference, and the FEC Summit.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of all marketing activities and make necessary refinements to reduce costs and drive revenue whenever possible.
- Oversee and support global membership activities at IAAPA trade shows and events, including managing IAAPA Central.
- Serve as an active member of IAAPA’s senior management team.
- Support the goals and mission of IAAPA as set forth in the strategic and business plans.
- Supervise global marketing team in accordance with IAAPA standards and policies.
Qualification, Knowledge, Skill Required:
- A four-year college degree in business administration, marketing, sales, or equivalent required. Master’s degree preferred.
- 10+ years of experience in marketing required, including experience executing integrated campaigns through a variety of channels including, but not limited to: direct mail, email, social media, print, digital, website, and mobile.
- Experience developing strategic marketing plans required.
- Proven success in a highly collaborative work environment required.
- International marketing experience/perspective, including experience with translated content preferred.
- Strong written, verbal, and presentation skills required.
- Trade association/trade show experience preferred.
- Attractions industry experience preferred.
- Experience with IAAPA programs and events preferred.
- Experience in a business-to-business, non-profit environment preferred.
- Reputation for knowing how lead, inspire, and motivate a team preferred.
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office, databases, content management systems) required.