Summer Advocacy Intern
Safety and Advocacy | Alexandria, VA | Internship
Gain valuable experience in a professional setting while assisting with advocacy-related tasks and projects for the International Association of Amusement Parks and Attractions (IAAPA), the leading professional international trade association representing more than 5,300 facility, supplier, and individual members from 99 countries. Member facilities include amusement and theme parks, water parks, attractions, family entertainment centers, zoos, aquariums, museums, science centers, and resorts.
IAAPA is seeking a Government Relations Intern to assist our government affairs office in Alexandria, VA. The intern will research federal and state legislative and regulatory matters and draft briefing and advocacy papers on any issues currently being handled by the government relations team.
- Research and develop reports, talking points, factsheets, and tracking reports on priority state and federal policy issues
- Update U.S. Public Policy Priorities issues book
- Develop content for IAAPA advocacy website and newsletter
- Assist with efforts to increase participation in IAAPA PAC
- Assist with additional support tasks as needed
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including proofreading and editing
- Excellent research and analytical skills
- Interest in policy and advocacy
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Self-motivated and able to think creatively
Preferred candidate qualifications:
- Must be a college undergraduate currently enrolled in a degree program with concentration in Political Science, Communications, International Relations, or Business.
- Must be available for work May through August
- Summer position located in Old Town Alexandria, Virginia
- Pay for the internship is $7.25/hour
- On-sight parking is available
- Office is metro accessible via the King Street Metro (Blue/Yellow line)