Finance | Orlando, FL | Full Time
Under the supervision of the Controller, the Staff Accountant is responsible for certain aspects of the accounting function to include accounts receivable, accounts payable, account reconciliations, posting payments, monthly closings, and undertaking other duties as assigned.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist the Controller with the day to day, monthly and year-end operations of the Accounting/ Finance Department
- Create invoices, apply payments, and follow-up on collection of accounts receivable.
- Perform the processing and recording of accounts payable transactions and ensure that all invoices and staff reimbursements are entered accurately and in accordance with Finance policies and procedures
- Prepare journal entries for monthly closings.
- Perform general ledger account reconciliations and research to resolve account variances.
- Respond to both external and internal customer inquiries.
- Assist with cash forecasting, budgeting, and projections.
- Assist with annual audit.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualification, Knowledge, Skill Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent from accredited university.
- Relevant experience in a non-profit or association is preferred.
- 2 to 5 years of progressive work experience in an accountant or staff accountant role.
- Intermediate to advance experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook) and FRx or similar programs. Familiarity with Great Plains and iMIS desired.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to work independently to be a team player, and work well with others.
- Thorough understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) Strong analytical and accounting skills.