Sales and Exhibitions Coordinator
Exhibitions, Conventions and Sales | Orlando, FL | Full Time
Facilitate exhibit space, advertising and sponsorship sales and services.
•Contribute to IAAPA’s events team consistent with IAAPA’s standards as a world-class exhibition and event producer for the amusement park and attractions industry
- Work with exhibitions team (operations, conferences/meetings and sales) to provide internal and external customer service and event execution
- Work with advertising and sponsorship team leaders to facilitate sales processes, including invoicing, and materials collection and proofing.
- Serve as a primary point of contact for exhibitors and field questions regarding booth placement, account balances/payments, logistics, registration and more.
- Serve as a primary point of contact for event attendees, and questions about registration or single-sign-on via membership database.
- Liaison with other IAAPA departments to provide event services as assigned
- Assist with the processing and remittance of invoicing, and processing of payments and follow up with delinquent payments.
- Generating reports from respective event databases, reviewing submitted forms and distribution of customer (mass) emails.
- Detail-oriented data entry specific to advertisement tracking, layout and billings.
- Scheduling and posting of digital advertising media, and generation of monthly ad metric reports.
- Work with digital tools and technologies for digital media updates and ad tags/redirects
- Conduct basic sales skills such as distribution of prospectuses and media kits for exhibiting and advertising opportunities, assist in compiling proposals, and assist with sales during staff absences
- Coordinate the scheduling of internal conventions meetings.
- Serve as a primary data specialist for SalesForce, a2z, iMIS and other databases. Data entry may be required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- College degree in or equivalent experience, with emphasis on event management preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office. iMIS, Cvent, Salesforce software knowledge preferred but not required.
- 2 - 3 years of administrative and/or sales experience, preferably in non-profit (trade association)
- Professional demeanor
- Must be extremely detail-oriented and able to balance several projects at once
- Keen ability to prioritize, meet strict deadlines, and make productive use of time under pressure
- Ability to anticipate problems and opportunities and the initiative to follow through quickly and independently
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Self-starter and ability to work with a team as well as by oneself with little supervision
- Must be able to adapt to all personality types and variety of subject matter
- Willingness to travel
- Ability to work weekends and after hours during busy conference times
- Physical requirement include ability to travel, walk and stand for long period of time, stoop, drive, lift at least 45 pounds and willingness to perform manual labor specific to job (i.e. packing boxes, carrying signage, hail taxicabs, move tables and chairs etc.)