President and CEO
Administration | Orlando, FL | Full Time
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS IS MARCH 23, 2018
Overall Responsibilities/Position Description:
The President and CEO has executive management responsibility for the affairs of the association and performs the duties assigned by the Board of Directors.
The President and CEO serves as:
- member of the executive committee and board of directors as a non-voting member
- liaison to the executive committee, board of directors, and compensation committee
- secretary to the association
- director on the IAAPA Foundation board of directors
The following are essential abilities and qualities that must be present to be successful in the position:
Progressive and modern leadership of member staff, communication with key stakeholders, being one of the primary ambassadors of the association. This includes:
- Recruiting, motivating, and retaining staff in accordance with association human resources guidelines.
- Serving as spokesperson to the media, legislative and regulatory bodies, and consumers to effectively represent, protect, and promote the industry. that our members provide a safe experience.
- Directing and implementing the development of a global legislative and regulatory agenda that protects the industry and the association.
- Overseeing the development and implementation of the association's professional development program to ensure industry operational excellence.
Drive the strategic direction – and constant development and progress - of the association, in co-operation with the Board of Directors. This includes:
- Developing and implementing the association strategic plan in consultation with the IAAPA strategic planning committee, executive committee, and board of directors.
Robust and professional management of trade shows, the Board of Directors and committees, business planning, and the association’s finances. This includes:
- Developing and implementing the association’s annual business plan in consultation with the senior leadership team to support the association’s strategic plan.
- Developing and managing the operating and capital budgets in accordance with association fiscal policies.
- Overseeing the production of the association's three worldwide trade shows that provide value for the participants and operate profitably.
- Leading the construction project for the association’s new global headquarters in Orlando.
Ability to implement the association’s strategic platform on a worldwide basis. This includes:
- Directing worldwide safety efforts that promote safety as our number-one priority.
- Overseeing the association's regional offices and the effective execution of the association’s global strategy.
- Overseeing a membership marketing and development strategy that ensures a stable and growing membership and delivers value to the members.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree (Business Administration, Law, or equal)
- 8-10+ years of corporate managerial experience
- Experience in working in a global context, outside North America
- Strong language and communications skills