President and CEO
Administration | Orlando, FL | Full Time
Overall Responsibilities/Position Description:
The President and CEO has executive management responsibility for the affairs of the association and performs the duties assigned by the Board of Directors.
The President and CEO serves as:
- Member of the executive committee and board of directors as a non-voting member.
- Liaison to the executive committee, board of directors, and compensation committee.
- Secretary to the association.
- Director on the IAAPA Foundation board of directors.
- Public facing executive with consistent presence at events worldwide.
The following are essential abilities and qualities that must be present to be successful in the position:
Progressive and modern leadership of member staff, communication with key stakeholders, being one of the primary ambassadors of the association. This includes:
- Recruiting, motivating, and retaining staff in accordance with the association’s human resources guidelines.
- Serving as spokesperson to the media, legislative and regulatory bodies, and consumers to effectively represent, protect, and promote the industry, including the industry’s outstanding safety record.
- Directing and implementing the development of a global legislative and regulatory agenda that protects the industry and the association.
- Overseeing the development and implementation of the association's professional development program to ensure industry operational excellence.
- Inspiring staff and members to execute a forward thinking, progressive development of the association.
Drive the strategic direction – and constant development and progress - of the association, in co-operation with the Board of Directors. This includes:
- Developing and implementing the association strategic plan in consultation with the IAAPA strategic planning committee, executive committee, and board of directors.
- Execute the strategic plan with a progressive, results oriented goals and objectives in mind.
Robust and professional hands on management of trade shows, the Board of Directors and committees, business planning, and the association’s finances. This includes:
- Developing and implementing the association’s annual business plan in consultation with the senior leadership team to support the association’s strategic plan.
- Developing and managing the operating and capital budgets in accordance with association fiscal policies.
- Overseeing the production of the association's three worldwide trade shows that provide value for the participants and operate profitably.
- Leading the construction project for the association’s new global headquarters in Orlando.
Ability to implement the association’s strategic platform on a worldwide basis. This includes:
- Directing worldwide efforts that promote safety as our number-one priority.
- Overseeing the association's regional offices and the effective execution of the association’s global strategy.
- Overseeing a membership marketing and development strategy that ensures a stable and growing membership and delivers value to the members.
- Cementing the global reach of the organization by ensuring each region sees the consistent and unifying value of the association.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree (Business Administration, Law, or equal).
- 8-10+ years of corporate managerial experience.
- Experience with strategically growing and improving a large organization.
- Experience in working in a global context, outside North America.
- Strong language and communications skills.
- A passion for the amusement and attractions industry.
- An ability and willingness to travel extensively, up to 50% of the year, inclusive of holidays and weekends.
This is a full-time, on site executive role located in Orlando, FL. Relocation is available and provided for the right candidate.
If you would like to apply to this position confidentially and directly with the staffing firm assisting us with this search, you may do so by contacting Eleventh Hour directly at: http://www.11thr.com/site/content/basic-page/contact-us