Membership Communications Manager
IAAPA Latin America | Mexico City, Mexico | Full Time
Founded in 1918, the International Association of Amusement Parks and Attractions (IAAPA) is the largest international trade association for permanently situated amusement facilities worldwide. The organization represents more than 5,300 facility, supplier, and individual members from more than 100 countries, including professionals from:
- Amusement parks, theme parks, and attractions
- Family entertainment centers
- Museums and science centers
- Water parks and resorts
- Zoos and aquariums
- Industry manufacturers and suppliers
IAAPA helps our members improve their efficiency, marketing, safety, and profitability while maintaining the highest possible professional standards in the industry.
Provide support for programs and services provided by IAAPA’s Latin American office including membership sales and marketing, and communications.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Respond to member and non-member inquiries regarding IAAPA and member benefits and manage the Membership inbox.
- Responsible along with the VP for the planning and implementation of membership (new and renewal) sales and marketing strategies.
- Manage, update and support the efforts to enhance the membership and prospect databases for Latin America in coordination with the headquarters office and the Latin American team members.
- Serve as liaison to the Latin American Membership subcommittee.
- Work with other members of the Latin American team to keep the regional website updated and ensure proper links from the main IAAPA website.
- Responsible for collecting information and updates for member communications.
- Responsible along with the VP for writing, editing, and distribution of the Latin American Newsletter.
- Monitor the Latin American media, review summaries, and select news for inclusion in global communications.
- Responsible for the marketing efforts in Latin America for IAAPA expos, networking events, and educational programs within the region and globally, through e-mail, website and social media. Liaise with global marketing team to complete these efforts.
- Responsible for collecting news from members for inclusion on regional and global communications.
- Create and maintain a marketing calendar for the Latin American region and keep team members updated on deadlines.
- Responsible for creating Latin American Membership reports and services and benefits surveys.
- Review Spanish and Portuguese translations of membership and marketing materials.
- Attend the Latin America Summit and assist as needed.
IAAPA Attractions Expo (IAE) Annual Conference and Trade Show
- Assist with registration for attendees and exhibitors.
- Respond to member and non-member inquiries related to IAE.
- Liaise with global marketing team to complete IAE marketing efforts for the Latin American region.
- Assist with group travel packages for IAE global delegations.
- Review Spanish translation of show materials.
- Assist global team members at IAAPA Sales booth and Membership registration and aid in translation requests.
- Ensure successful Latin American Reception and Lunch events by assisting with on-site logistics and responding to any membership queries/needs that may arise.
- Help with other events as necessary throughout IAE.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, tourism or a related field.
- Experience in the attractions and/or association/nonprofit industry preferred.
- 3 or more years of experience in membership, marketing and communications.
- Required superior organizational, communication and customer service skills.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Superior negotiating, networking and relationship building skills.
- In depth knowledge in various software tools (Monkey Survey, iMIS, Salesforce or other CRMs, CVent, Office 365, and Magnet Mail).
- Multilingual – Spanish, English (100%), and Portuguese.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Spanish, English and Portuguese.
- Availability to travel 10 % domestic or internationally.