Manager, Exhibition Sales
IAAPA EMEA | Brussels, Belgium | Full Time
Conduct conference and trade show sales services, including, but not limited to, exhibit sales solicitation, exhibit database management, and operations. The focus area will be Italy.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Execute tradeshow sales and provide excellent customer service in regards to the three IAAPA trade shows with a main focus on Euro Attractions Show. Work with Operations Manager to provide customer service and benefit fulfillment to exhibitors.
- Research and contact prospective exhibitors, including at competing events.
- Coordinate the processing of exhibitor contracts, respond to all incoming sales and manage payment processing and membership.
- Work with existing exhibitor accounts to be IAAPA’s main point of contact for all exhibition-related questions and customer service issues.
- Maintain and update all relevant exhibitor and sponsorship databases.
- Work with other members of the IAAPA Global Sales team in creation of international world-class events.
- Provide onsite exhibitor sales, service and support at IAAPA trade shows and conferences as assigned.
- Provide sales leads to other internal and external partners and clients as requested, for the purposes of increased revenue generation (such as sales of sponsorships and advertising).
- Attend applicable education sessions, seminars and industry tradeshows, as approved.
- Assist in the creation of exhibition related marketing emails and direct mail.
- Perform duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Director Exhibit Sales.
- Handle/Create invoicing and payments for exhibitors at all three trade shows.
- Promote Manufacturer/Supplier/Consultants memberships for IAAPA.
Qualification, Knowledge, Skill Required:
- College degree in business or equivalent experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office. IMIS, a2z and SalesForce software knowledge preferred but not required.
- 3 years in sales and marketing, preferably the last 3 years in trade show and conference sales, sponsorship and/or marketing management. Experience in the attractions industry is preferred but not required.
- Professional demeanor.
- Must be extremely detail-oriented and able to balance several projects at once.
- Keen ability to prioritize, meet strict deadlines, and make productive use of time under pressure.
- Ability to anticipate problems and opportunities and the initiative to follow through quickly and independently.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in Italian and English.
- Must be able to adapt to all personality types and variety of subject matter.
- This position includes approximately 10% overnight travel.
- There are periods during conferences and shows where the incumbent will be required to walk and stand for long periods of time and work weekends and after hours.