Manager, Conference and Trade Show Operations
Exhibitions, Conventions and Sales | Orlando, FL | Full Time
The Manager, Conference and Trade Show Operations is primarily focused on attendee services and IAAPA staff areas at IAAPA’s trade shows.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Oversee the development and management of registration for several international conventions. This includes site layout and design with the registration vendor for up to (4) sites per show, working with internal departments to gather relevant information, running reports, analyzing data, and responding to customer inquiries and issues with the registration site/process.
- Coordinating badge and ticket layout and ordering registration supplies such as badges, holders, lanyards, and on-site forms.
- Vendor management (bidding, contracting, and management) of registration, temporary personnel, and other attendee services vendors such as coat check and restaurant reservations.
- On-site management of registration area including vendors and staff assistance.
- Coordinate with internal departments on-site office needs.
- Provide training to IAAPA internal resources regarding registration policies and attendee/exhibitor registration trouble-shooting.
- Generate and circulate regular (weekly) registration reports internally.
- Develop floor plans and on-site layout of association and attendee services.
- Work with general services contractor and internal departments to develop show look for signs; coordinate sign order process and proofing, and determine overall/directional sign layout and needs, including design/theming of registration areas and entrance units.
- Oversee development of the Staff Manuals.
- Manage show Master Schedules and development of meeting specs for the trade shows.
- Manage staff shipments to/from trade shows.
- Travel to U.S. and international destinations approximately 2-4 times a year.
- Other duties as assigned by department directors.
- Meet or exceed IAAPA’s and department’s customer service standards in all interactions, both internal and external.
Qualification, Knowledge, Skill Required:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience with emphasis on business management, hospitality services, or related field
- 3–5 years of meetings and convention work experience, preferably with a professional association with a range of meeting sizes ranging from 500 to 5,000+ attendees
- Familiarity with convention and meetings industry and issues is preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of MS Office and Outlook
- Demonstrated knowledge of database management and use of the Internet for research purposes
- Excellent written and oral communication including strong business writing and proofreading skills
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Demonstrated understanding of meeting planning including items such as floor plans, square footage, and audiovisual equipment
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize multiple projects involving careful attention to complex details within deadlines and under pressure
- Demonstrated understanding of the importance of customer service and ability to provide superior customer service
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to complete large quantities of work within tight deadlines