Global Education and Marketing Coordinator
Global Education | Orlando, FL | Full Time
Founded in 1918, the International Association of Amusement Parks and Attractions (IAAPA) is the largest international trade association for permanently situated amusement facilities worldwide. The organization represents more than 5,300 facility, supplier, and individual members from 99 countries, including professionals from:
- Amusement parks, theme parks, and attractions
- Family entertainment centers
- Museums and science centers
- Water parks and resorts
- Zoos and aquariums
- Industry manufacturers and suppliers
IAAPA helps our members improve their efficiency, marketing, safety, and profitability while maintaining the highest possible professional standards in the industry.
The Global Education and Marketing Assistant provides a variety of administrative and project management support activities for IAAPA’s Global Education / Members Services and Marketing and Communications Teams. The position reports directly to the VP, Global Education and Member Services with a dotted-line reporting relationship to the SVP, Marketing and Communications. The below responsibilities provide an overview of typical responsibilities; however they are not all encompassing and may vary as business needs require
- Serve as the secondary staff liaison to the IAAPA Hall of Fame and Archives Committee and the IAAPA Service Awards Committee. Manage committee and program logistics.
- Manage all education program reporting including weekly registration reports, pre- and post-event reports, and satisfaction surveys.
- Assist with education and event program registration as needed.
- Respond to phone and email inquiries from members and the public in a professional and timely manner.
- Assist with tracking and projecting expenses and revenues for department budgets.
- Update website content as needed for marketing communications and education programs, products, and services.
- Manage the tracking of credits for the IAAPA Certification program.
- General administrative duties include scheduling conference calls, assisting with staff travel, preparing expense reports, writing minutes for committee meetings, assembling meeting materials, developing presentations, and covering for the IAAPA receptionist when needed.
- Other duties as required.
- 3-5 years’ experience in an administrative position.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven experience in a fast-paced work environment, managing multiple priorities at the same time required.
- Software experience preferred: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), website content management system, membership/customer database.
- Trade or professional association experience preferred.
- Attractions industry experience preferred.
- Some travel (less than 10 percent) may be required.