Director, Public Affairs
IAAPA EMEA | Brussels, Belgium | Full Time
To coordinate the external government relations function and manage the office operations of the Brussels office of the International Association of Amusement Parks and Attractions EMEA.
- Provide analysis, strategic recommendations on national and regional policy trends which could impact the industry.
- Coordinate written materials such as government relations bulletins, policy papers, press releases related to GR, presentations for the members on government relations, etc.
- Design concepts and develop strategic plans to protect and promote the industry’s image with external stakeholders.
- Link external regulatory developments to the amusement park industry helping members to understand the impact on their business and operations.
- Coordinate / contact members on input from members to contribute to government run consultations on issues that impact the industry
- Represent the industry in relevant industry groups and forums.
- Being spokesperson on GR issues.
- Build relationships of trust with members
- Develop and manage the work programme of IAAPA Europe’s Government Relations Committee
- Develop an annual programme of profile raising events and visits to educate the membership about the value of Government Relations activities.
- Maintain a network of government relations contacts within the industry.
- Execute an annual programme of park visits to stay in touch with member needs and issues related to government relations.
- Form good working relationships with all national associations and trade bodies throughout the EMEA region.
- Plans, formulates, and recommends for the approval of the VP of IAAPA EMEA and the IAAPA EMEA Advisory Committee policies and programmes to meet the goals, objectives, and strategies in Europe.
- Develops policies and procedures for the day-to-day administration of IAAPA’s EMEA office operations.
- Develops budget for IAAPA Europe office operations and manages finances together with IAAPA EMEA VP.
- Implements goals, objectives, and strategies in Europe
- Directs all IAAPA member services, marketing, communication, recruitment, and retention initiatives.
- Oversees the management of the CRM and iMis member databases.
- Represent the association at industry related meetings, conferences, exhibitions, and social events.
- Manages the activities of the Europe office in accordance with IAAPA standards and policies.
- Supports the goals and mission of IAAPA as set forth in the strategic and business plans.
QUALIFICATIONS AND TRAINING
- University degree or equivalent
- 57 years of relevant professional experience in the amusement park industry, European Affairs or both
- Excellent written and spoken English and fluency in at least one other European Language
- Proficient knowledge of IT applications
- Knowledge / Experience of EU policy and structure
- Experience in leading teams of up to 10 people
- Self-starter with the required motivation and work ethics to work autonomously with minimal supervision
- Entrepreneurial spirit to further develop association and its products
- Able to work flexibly as part of a small Brussels based team and be prepared to travel extensively throughout the European region
- Confident and skilled communicator, who is able to simplify complex concepts or regulatory issues for a non-expert audience
- Demonstrable knowledge of and interest in the amusement park and attractions industry
- Ability to work with press and speaking on front of large audiences