Director, Program Management
Global Education | Orlando, FL | Full Time
As a member of the Global Education and Member Services department, the staff member is responsible for supporting and furthering the strategic goals of the IAAPA Board of Directors as they relate to the global products and services provided by IAAPA. This includes developing, delivering, and supporting high quality content and professional development programs that attract, engage, and retain members.
This is accomplished by leading and developing a highly specialized team to execute high profile, global initiatives that align multiple strategies and delivery channels for the purpose of remaining, and growing as the global leader in the attractions industry.
- Serve as staff liaison to various committees, sub-committees, and/or task force groups working to support strategic initiatives.
- Working with the department VP, formulate suitable strategies and objectives.
- Assists in creation of project budgets and manages these budgets as assigned.
- Directs the process for developing new products including content acquisition to support certification.
- Delegate projects and programs to staff for implementation and management.
- Provide oversight and accountability to multiple programs in various stages of the program lifecycle.
- Direct cross-project activities.
- Evaluate program deadlines, budgets and activities.
- Apply change, risk and resource management.
- Assess program performance and maximize ROI.
- Prepare reports for senior management.
- Determine the educational programing for the IAAPA Attractions Expo and manages various logistics supporting the expo.
- Supporting the educational programming for IAAPA regional offices.
- Develops and maintains highly effective relationships with members, staff, and vendors.
- Works collaboratively with other departments in the development, production and marketing of programs.
- Requires some travel (domestic and international) – 10%.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skill Required:
- Bachelor’s degree, or 10 years similar experience.
- In-depth knowledge of program development and implementation.
- In-depth knowledge of adult learning theory.
- Knowledge of professional certification programs.
- Excellent knowledge of performance evaluation and change management principles.
- Experience with corporate sales and/or business development.
- Superior organizational, presentation, and communication skills.
- Excellent problem-solving ability.
- Negotiating, networking and relationship-building skills.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft office.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Proven experience prioritizing and balancing multiple, on-going high-profile projects.
- Self-motivation and the ability to work with little supervision.
This position, manages 1 Senior Program Manager and 3 Program Managers who oversee 11 various committees, sub-committees and task force groups. In addition, this group manages over 20 educational programs. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include working with teams to manage: interviewing, hiring, coaching/mentoring and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; recommending salary and bonus treatment; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems; participating in employee development and succession planning activities, and coaching high potential employees for success.
The following are critical competencies required to be successful in this position:
- Strategic leader with creative and financial acumen as well as a strong business intellect to take our organization to the next level.
- Thorough knowledge of research and thought leadership principles, methodologies, customer service, sales and business development; along with a demonstrated track record of success and performance.
- Solid understanding of business processes and systems; demonstrated business intelligence and planning skills, supported by strong analytical thinking.
- Ability to lead others from creative idea to action required for tangible, sustainable results.
- Ability to perceive the need for innovation and to drive culture change.
- Effective communicator with the written and spoken word; able to adjust to the audience to ensure receptivity to the message.
- A creative thinker, aware of a wide range of organizational models from the nonprofit and business worlds. Grounded in a “big picture” perspective, yet able to work alongside others as a “player-coach.”
- Strong interpersonal skills; comfort working through problems and conflicts.
- Effective in decision making, coupled with a high level of personal integrity and professional conduct.
- Team-building skills and a collaborative leadership style that attracts and retains competent staff.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups, clients, customers, and the public. Multiple language ability is an asset in any role with IAAPA.