Director of Operations, EAS and IAAPA EMEA Events
IAAPA EMEA | Brussels, Belgium | Full Time
The Director of Operations, EAS and IAAPA EMEA events is primarily focused on exhibitor and attendee services, advance and onsite logistics, meeting management, special event production, and IAAPA staff areas at IAAPA’s EMEA-based events.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Euro Attractions Show
Trade Show Operations
- Manage the development and implementation of registration. This includes site layout and design with the registration vendor for up to (4) sites, working with internal departments to gather relevant information, running reports, analyzing data, and responding to customer inquiries and issues with the registration site/process.
- Coordinating badge and ticket layout and ordering registration supplies such as badges, holders, lanyards, and on-site forms.
- On-site management f registration area including vendors and staff assistance.
- Liaise with General Services Contractor for advance and onsite exhibitor services, exhibitor service manual development and distribution, move in and move out schedules, design and construction of association-managed exhibit spaces, and facilitation of all trade show floor operations.
- Develop Master Schedule, Staff Manual and signage/production timelines and orders.
- Vendor management (bidding, contracting, and management) of registration, temporary personnel, security, general services contractor, safety/inspection teams, rigging and the exhibition facility.
- Manage and maximize the floorplan(s) utilizing web-based floorplan system
- Coordinate with internal departments on-site office needs.
- Gather required forms from exhibitors relating to safety, booth design, and/or insurance
- Generate and circulate regular (weekly) reports internally for registration.
- Develop and distribute Exhibitor Bulletins and other regular exhibitor oriented communications
- Provide superior customer service and responsiveness to exhibitors and attendees from around the world.
- Manages the Euro Attractions Show budget.
Meetings and Special Events
- Working with IAAPA EMEA Meetings Manager to ensure preparations and operations of education and special events, food and beverage, housing block management, and room sets, including AV and decor for the Theatre.
Other EMEA Events:
- Source destinations, negotiate hotel contracts and provide advance and onsite meeting management fulfillment for other EMEA regional events as requested.
- Manage staff shipments to/from trade shows.
- Work with IAAPA HQ team to provide Operational assistance on other IAAPA Signature Events.
- Travel to U.S. and international destinations approximately 2-4 times a year.
- Other duties as assigned by department directors.
- Meet or exceed IAAPA’s and department’s customer service standards in all interactions, both internal and external.
Qualification, Knowledge, Skill Required:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience with emphasis on business management, hospitality services, or related field
- 5-7 years of meetings and convention work experience, preferably with a professional association with a range of meeting sizes ranging from 500 to 5,000+ attendees
- Familiarity with convention and meetings industry and issues is preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of MS Office and Outlook
- Demonstrated knowledge of CAD-based floorplan systems for exhibition management
- Demonstrated knowledge of database management and use of the Internet for research purposes
- Excellent written and oral communication including strong business writing and proofreading skills
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Demonstrated understanding of meeting planning including items such as floor plans, square footage, and audiovisual equipment
- Self-starter with the required motivation and work ethics to work autonomously with minimal supervision
- Entrepreneurial spirit to further develop association and its products
- Able to work flexibly as part of a small Brussels based team and be prepared to travel extensively throughout the European region
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize multiple projects involving careful attention to complex details within deadlines and under pressure
- Demonstrated understanding of the importance of customer service and ability to provide superior customer service
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to complete large quantities of work within tight deadlines