Director, Membership Marketing
Marketing & Communications | Orlando, FL | Full Time
The Director, Membership Marketing position is responsible for driving IAAPA membership acquisition, engagement, and retention. This role is accountable for developing and implementing strategies that drive growth of the membership base, and increase use of membership products and services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee IAAPA global strategy and execution of membership cycle including prospecting, acquisition, engagement, and retention. Accountable for attainment of membership goals.
- Partner with regional teams to determine strategic priorities, resources, and needs for membership marketing and retention. Provide tools and resources for regional teams to help with implementation of recruitment and retention programs.
- Develop and execute global strategies for new member acquisition including direct marketing, email marketing, prospecting, and targeted media tactics.
- Develop and execute the implementation of global marketing strategies for membership retention and renewals.
- Execute integrated campaigns to drive membership goals including direct mail, email, social, web, and paid media tactics.
- Develop and supervise the implementation of member engagement communication including education, safety and advocacy, and communications products and services.
- Establish acquisition and retention goals, synthesize trends and create action plans addressing global membership sales and renewal.
- Manage membership marketing expense budget and agency retainers.
- Track and monitor member satisfaction and engagement; partner with regions and Education/Member programs to develop action plans to improve satisfaction.
- Support global branding initiatives and drive creative consistency and excellence for IAAPA brand.
Qualification, Knowledge, Skill Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communication, advertising, or related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- 7+ years of experience in marketing required, including experience executing integrated campaigns through variety of channels including: direct mail, email, social media, web, and paid media.
- Experience managing marketing and advertising agencies, freelance graphic designers, writers, and translation companies.
- Demonstrated organizational, planning, problem-solving, and project management skills required. Proven ability to simultaneously manage several complex projects required.
- 2+ years of experience direct-report supervisory experience.
- International marketing experience preferred.
- Demonstrated organizational, planning, problem-solving, and project management skills required.
- Proven success in a highly collaborative work environment.
- Strong written, verbal, and presentation skills required.
- Experience analyzing market research, program results, and other marketing data to inform recommendations and business plans.
- Experience developing targeted marketing and distribution lists from databases required.
- Experience monitoring and marketing through social media (LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook) required.
- Solid computer skills required, including proficiency using Microsoft Office, a website content management system, mass email distribution program, HTML, and a contact management database. Proficiency in InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, and Photoshop a plus.