Director, Information Systems
Information Systems | Orlando, FL | Full Time
The Director, IT provides on-going analysis and planning of IAAPA information technology. He or she will partner with the senior leadership team to align the organization’s information technology with strategic direction. He or she must build and develop the IT function, processes, and procedures to support current and future business needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Recommends and plans information technology to support and meet company objectives based on research and evaluation.
- Directs implementation and execution of new/upgraded information systems via well-defined plans including procedures, deadlines, and accountability.
- Evaluates and implements IT procedures and equipment for maximum efficiency and cost containment.
- Ensures users/customers are provided professional, courteous, and timely support and service.
- Structures, leads, trains, and develops IT staff for maximum effectiveness.
- Stays abreast of trends and regulations to ensure effectiveness and compliance.
- Develops and maintains company Disaster Recovery Plan.
- Develops/selects and conducts user training on an as-needed basis.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- Manages the Wed Manager and Database Manager.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills Required:
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Computer Science or related field.
- Leadership: a demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others.
- Strategy and planning: an ability to think ahead and plan over a 12-24 month time span.
- Management: the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Information systems development and implementation.
- Problem analysis and problem resolution at both a strategic and functional level.
- Employee training and development.
- User training.
- Technical skills and experience in Local and Wide Area Networks.
- Strong customer orientation.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- High performance teams and a strong team player.
- Technical software skills and experience: Great Plains, iMIS, A2Z, MS Office suite, Windows, Mac, PCI certification, FinPro, ADP Run and Workforce Now.
- System and application implementations.
- Disaster and Business Continuity Planning.
- IT Strategic Planning.
- Cyber Security.