Video Solution Specialist
Information Technology | Waukesha, WI | Full Time
Video Solution Specialist
Intelligent Video Solutions (IVS) is presenting an exciting and unique opportunity to join a fast growing, innovative, emerging technology company at the ground floor. We provide innovative solutions that improve the lives of those who are served by Higher Education, Healthcare, Government and Corporate organizations.
As a Video Solutions Specialist, you will gain valuable experience with the IVS product line as you impact the lives of individuals who are served by our clients. You will possess a dynamic attitude and multi-skilled professional skills. You will possess solid communication skills, technical aptitude, and the ability to build long-term business relationships.
You will work in the field at customer sites performing installations of our VALT solution. You will be asked to travel up to 75% of the time in this role during our peak seasons. However, those travel assignments usually take place in the context of the normal workweek, so you can enjoy your full weekend with your family and friends.
You will report to our Director of IT. However, you will work closely with the entire IVS team to deploy, support, and grow our client sites across North America. As you grow your technical and personal skills as well as increase your product knowledge to deliver our customized solutions, you will have the opportunity to develop into multiple roles as IVS grows.
Here is what you will do in this role:
- Quickly learn all hardware, software and related components of our VALT solution
- Perform onsite AV installation and configuration of new systems and solutions
- Maintain a professional appearance
- Be committed to delivering outrageous customer service
- Conduct customer training sessions both remote and onsite
- Communicate system installation requirements to customers
- Provide remote and onsite support for IVS solutions.
Here is what you need to excel in this role:
- Excellent customer service, communication, and presentation skills
- Physical dexterity to handle power tools, ladders and lift to 50lbs
- Ability to work quickly and accurately within time constraints and deadlines
- Interpersonal and organizational skills
- A self-starter and detail oriented mindset
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Highly developed troubleshooting skills
Here are some experiences that will help you succeed in this role
(but we can help you learn these competencies):
- Current, working knowledge of network technologies
- Working knowledge of Linux
- Knowledge of low voltage cabling
- Knowledge of IP video cameras
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum of three years related sales experience and/or training
- Previous sales experience, previous knowledge of audio/video industry
- Previous experience providing superior customer service
What makes a successful IVS team member?
You prefer the innovative culture of small business where your every effort and input matter and are respected. You’d rather self-manage your own task list and are quick study of new software and hardware environments. You take pride in helping customers solve problems and are comfortable presenting to small groups. You are willing to do what it takes to help a small business grow and want to be incentivized to grow with it.
The IVS team has been delivering intelligent video solutions for over 15 years. We are proud to be a Wisconsin based company and serve customers throughout North America and internationally from our headquarters in Waukesha, Wisconsin.
At our core, we are a software company. Our flagship product VALT is a third generation application built specifically to make viewing and recording AV events in secure environments simple and easy. We are happy to acknowledge that VALT was developed using the feedback and input from hundreds of educators, trainers, researchers, and law enforcement personnel.
As a company our corporate motto has always been and will continue to be “do the right thing.” Our team goal with every existing and new customer is to create raving fans by providing great solutions and superior service to help our clients accomplish their intended objective(s). We are grateful for our customers and ecstatic about the fact they are changing lives and improving the communities in which they operate.