Sr. Manager of Business Analytics
Financial | Chicago, IL | Full Time
A pioneer in insurance technology, Insureon operates the largest online insurance marketplace for small businesses in the U.S. Our proprietary technology platform enables business owners to easily compare and purchase the insurance they need. We also license this platform to select industry participants who are looking to more effectively service their own clients. We are integrated with every major U.S. carrier, manage over ~$400M in premium annually and are licensed in all 50 states. For more information, visit http://www.insureon.com.
The company employs approximately 150 people nationally, with its corporate location in the heart of the financial district in the Chicago Loop.
We place a high value on having fun at work, personal and company integrity and teamwork, and we believe our success is truly a team sport. We foster a service mentality inside and outside our company and our fast-paced team is driven by results and is energetic about servicing our clients.
The Senior Manager of Business Analytics position involves partnering with senior leadership and diving into the data across all business units within the digital agency platform to track progress on key initiatives and uncover new revenue generating opportunities. In addition to supporting the analytics needs of various internal business units (Marketing, Sales Operations, Carrier Management, Product, Strategy, etc), the objective of this role is, through data and partnerships across the organization, to uncover opportunities to profitably grow the business, and influence short-term and long-term digital agency strategy. This position will also work with the data analytics team to create a Business Intelligence platform that provides real-time access to the data as well as providing accurate insights into the performance of the business, at all levels.
- Define, create and own digital agency level reporting providing insightful and actionable metrics for sales and senior leadership to use in business decisions. Examples include:
- Executive Dashboards
- Carrier Management Internal and External Dashboards
- Sales Pipeline Funnel Metrics
- Daily/Monthly/Annual Overall and Individual Sales Goals Tracking Dashboard
- Sales Activity Dashboards for Sales Leads to monitor producer level activity
- Key initiative sizing and determination of appropriate tracking mechanisms
- Provide direction to the data team in order to populate the appropriate data sources needed for accurate and insightful business analysis; for example:
- Third Party Lead Gen Data
- Google Analytics Data
- External Customer Data
- Presents business results to key business stakeholders in partnership with Finance, Marketing, Product, and other colleagues
- Direct and build out visualization tools that allow for interactive and deep dive analytics enabling self-serve access to the right data for all individuals in the organization, from analysts, marketing and product members to executives
- Automate visualization tools so end users can easily access the tool to understand key business metrics and answer performance related questions by diving deeper into the data
- Research current data and visualization platforms and provide recommendations to upper management based on business data and visualization needs
- Lead business modeling projects focusing on different areas of the funnel metrics providing management with potential impact improving individual or multiple levers within the funnel has on overall revenue growth such as:
- Business class profitability analysis
- Sales staffing model
- New customer segmentation analysis/statistics
- Attrition rate analysis
- Cross-sell analysis
- Cancellation analysis
- Technical Skill: Extensive knowledge of Microsoft SQL in order to quickly query DA data needed for analyses
- Technical Skill: Extensive knowledge and understanding of reporting, and analysis techniques and tools.
- Technical Skill: Some knowledge and understanding of technology used in DA systems and/or processes required to sell small business insurance.
- Business Acumen Skill: Solid knowledge and understanding of business planning processes in order to forecast sales outcomes.
- Business Acumen Skill: Small business insurance knowledge a plus
- Business Acumen Skill: Strong background in understanding key enterprise strategies and metrics used to measure enterprise growth
- Business Acumen Skill: Ability to successfully partner across multiple functions within the organization and the synthesize large sets of data for senior leadership
- Experience working within a fast-growth enterprise SaaS technology company or insurance agency, a plus
- BS in Finance, MBA preferred
- Experience with insurance or SaaS financials processes
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States