Product Manager - Insurtech
Product Management | Chicago, IL | Full Time
A pioneer in insurance technology, Insureon operates the largest online insurance marketplace for small businesses in the U.S. Our proprietary technology platform enables business owners to easily compare and purchase the insurance they need. We also license this platform to select industry participants who are looking to more effectively service their own clients. We are integrated with every major U.S. carrier, manage over ~$400M in premium annually and are licensed in all 50 states. For more information, visit http://www.insureon.com.
The company employs approximately 150 people nationally, with its corporate location in the heart of the financial district in the Chicago Loop.
We place a high value on having fun at work, personal and company integrity and teamwork, and we believe our success is truly a team sport. We foster a service mentality inside and outside our company and our fast-paced team is driven by results and is energetic about servicing our clients.
About the Role
As the Product Manager - Insurtech reporting to the VP of Product, you will play a critical role in developing and delivering the product roadmap to drive customer engagement and adoption with our B2B Enterprise Clients as well as helping drive company effectiveness and profitability by empowering our internal operations teams to be as successful and efficient as possible.
- Work closely with UX/Design, Engineering, Sales, Business Leadership to build and deliver a product roadmap that aligns to company and B2B client goals.
- Drive product roadmap execution while clarifying scope, removing blockers, and anticipating risk via frequent, clear communication with all internal teams and stakeholders.
- Leverage your deep expertise in the small commercial insurance market to drive the ideation, planning, development, and launch of innovative Insurtech products and features that help drive client adoption and satisfaction.
- Identify opportunities to improve the efficiency of our internal Sales and Account Manager teams through enhancements to workflow systems and platforms.
- Focus intensely on quantitative analysis and leverage those data to drive meaningful decisions to grow the business.
Experience and Education
- Passion for and proven success in solving customer-facing problems, developing product strategies and roadmaps, and executing those plans to drive value to our business and customers.
- Strong business acumen and intellectual curiosity.
- Proven technical product management expertise and experience delivering software solutions.
- Ability to document and convey complex business requirements and technical needs in clear, concise, and effective manner.
- Possess strong background and expertise in the insurance domain, with solid understanding of agency operations and workflows within small commercial insurance market.
- Experience with insurance Agency Management Systems (Applied, Vertafore, etc.) a strong plus.
- Adept at using quantitative research to make intelligent and informed product decisions.
- Skilled in partnering with B2B customers to define and execute product roadmaps.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with a "roll-up your sleeves" attitude.
- Strong collaborator who knows how to drive decision-making with cross-functional teams including Engineering, Design, Analytics, Sales, and Business partners.
- Inspiring, engaging, and clear written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills with ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects.
- 5-10 years' experience in software product management.
- Strong background in Agile product development.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, business, technology, or related field; MBA a plus.