People Operations Coordinator
Human Resources | Chicago, IL | Full Time
A pioneer in insurance technology, Insureon operates the largest online insurance marketplace for small businesses in the U.S. Our proprietary technology platform enables business owners to easily compare and purchase the insurance they need. We also license this platform to select industry participants who are looking to more effectively service their own clients. We are integrated with every major U.S. carrier, manage over ~$400M in premium annually and are licensed in all 50 states. For more information, visit http://www.insureon.com.
The company employs approximately 150 people nationally, with its corporate location in the heart of the financial district in the Chicago Loop.
We place a high value on having fun at work, personal and company integrity and teamwork, and we believe our success is truly a team sport. We foster a service mentality inside and outside our company and our fast-paced team is driven by results and is energetic about servicing our clients.
This role is based in our Chicago headquarters. While our company is currently working from home due to Covid-19, the position is classified as an essential worker which requires periodic work to be performed in the Chicago office.
About: People Operations Coordinator
At Insureon, our employee experience begins with identifying and attracting incredible talent; hiring people who find purpose in our mission of helping small business owners protect their most important assets. We are committed to building a company that every team member feels proud to be a part of. We are hiring for a People Operations Coordinator to join our team and build the necessary foundation to support our business and people. The position will partner with business leaders at every level to develop and execute exciting HR and people operations programs that support our business objectives.
We’re Looking For:
- Results focused and detailed orientated individual who raises the bar of a high performing HR organization committed to driving business outcomes
- Attention to detail, a critical thinker, and a proven ability to create simple, sustainable and organized processes
- Outstanding follow-through, self-directed and highly motivated with a strong sense of urgency
- Excellent communication skills and a professional demeanor with a high regard for confidentiality
What You Will Do:
- Help create and support a culture that is transparent, empowering, high achieving and positive
- Coordinate people operations infrastructure: systems, processes and programs; e.g. benefits, compensation, immigration, compliance, HRIS administration, and confidential information
- Team with our Office Coordinator to deliver an exceptional employee experience
- A spirit of customer service towards all employees that delivers an exceptional experience
- Be the go-to person on the People Operations Team for employees to come to with HR and benefits related questions, handled with respect and grace
- Assist in the development, documentation, and improvement of processes, procedures, and policies, all in alignment with Insureon brand and messaging
- Coordinate and assist with company-wide People Operations programs and special projects
Skills We Need You To Have:
- Bachelor’s degree with previous office administrative experience working in Human Resources or a related function
- Knowledge of HR practices and principles
- Essential technical skills: Excel, Word, PowerPoint. Prior experience working with a HRIS (preferably Paylocity) preferred but not required.
- Ability to gracefully handle competing priorities simultaneously
- Excellent writing skills and ability to make updates and changes as needed
- Strong time management skills and ability to make judgment calls
- Ability to handle sensitive information with discretion and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to establish strong relationships within all levels of an organization