.Net Microservices (Junior To Medium Level) Developer
Technology | Chicago, IL | Full Time
A pioneer in insurance technology, Insureon operates the largest online insurance marketplace for small businesses in the U.S. Our proprietary technology platform enables business owners to easily compare and purchase the insurance they need. We also license this platform to select industry participants who are looking to more effectively service their own clients. We are integrated with every major U.S. carrier, manage over ~$400M in premium annually and are licensed in all 50 states. For more information, visit http://www.insureon.com.
The company employs approximately 150 people nationally, with its corporate location in the heart of the financial district in the Chicago Loop.
We place a high value on having fun at work, personal and company integrity and teamwork, and we believe our success is truly a team sport. We foster a service mentality inside and outside our company and our fast-paced team is driven by results and is energetic about servicing our clients.
- Continuous collaboration with an expert team consisting of product owner, technical lead, quality assurance and engineers
- Understanding software as a service and engineering scalable and enjoyable solutions
- Researching and applying leading edge technologies and software design patterns
- Ideal candidates understand domain driven design, event driven / reactive systems or CQRS
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Prior experience with scrum teams and processes
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and analysis skills as well as attention to detail
- Ability to establish priorities, know how to rationalize, document, discuss, plan, then act
- Pride in your products and a desire to continually improve yourself and everyone around you
- At least 5 years of C# development experience with a very strong understanding of its asynchronous and networking features
- At least 3 years working in a continuous integration environment with QA
- At least 3 years working with APIs / service based platforms
- Demonstrated experience in engineering collaboration and code reviewing
- Competency with git based source control
- Competency with Visual Studio
Notice: Insureon does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.