.Net Microservices (Junior To Medium Level) Developer
Technology | Chicago, IL | Full Time
A pioneer in insurance technology, Insureon operates the largest online insurance marketplace for small businesses in the U.S. Our proprietary technology platform enables business owners to easily compare and purchase the insurance they need. We also license this platform to select industry participants who are looking to more effectively service their own clients. We are integrated with every major U.S. carrier, manage over ~$400M in premium annually and are licensed in all 50 states. For more information, visit http://www.insureon.com.
The company employs approximately 150 people nationally, with its corporate location in the heart of the financial district in the Chicago Loop.
We place a high value on having fun at work, personal and company integrity and teamwork, and we believe our success is truly a team sport. We foster a service mentality inside and outside our company and our fast-paced team is driven by results and is energetic about servicing our clients.
As a Programmer Analyst (.Net) with micro services development capabilities, strong understanding of CQRS, Event Sourcing and having application integration capabilities, you will be responsible for continuously improving the stability of the applications as well as creating new applications and services. You will be responsible for not only the day-to-day trouble shooting of any application issues that arise, but also researching for and identifying root causes, and implementing processes and technical solutions, at the code level.
You will work closely with systems architects, Senior Engineers and the rest of the Development Team and support proprietary Agency Management System systems, integrations and sites.
We prefer local candidates but will consider remote applicants.
Responsibilities – The “Day-to-Day”
- Implementation of stories on our platform in timely manner to ensure the delivery of features on time and in scope.
- Development, debugging and testing of new applications as well as the modification and maintenance of existing applications as needed.
- Deliver value by continuously improving existing code as new language features and technologies become available.
- Provide help and coaching to juniors and cross pollination of knowledge across teams.
- Ensure quality and standards of codebase are adhered to by actively participating in code reviews.
- Always try to understand big picture and be able to communicate it to others.
- Constantly make sure code coverage of unit tests is sufficient, handle technical debt.
- Work with peers to ensure team’s direction is aligned with technical and business strategies.
- Development and maintenance of unit tests.
- Understands importance of unit tests and takes responsibility for quality of his/her code.
- Takes initiative and tries to go beyond minimum effort required.
- Ability to work alone, but preference to work in a team - collaborate with developers and have ability to take and give feedback. This will be a collaborative effort so expectation should not be for lone developer.
- Understands technical debt and knows how to handle it.
- Has good communication skills and can get his/her thoughts across effectively.
- Has passion to learn new technology.
- Help create a learning environment.
- Follow established design principles and help improve them.
- 3-5 years programming experience with C#. NET
- Deep understanding of all parts of the software development life cycle
- Have a deep understanding of Object Oriented Programming.
- Proficient with C# and .Net Core.
- Asynchronous programming best practices in the .NET framework
- Experience developing, consuming and integrating Web Services implemented using various protocols and architectural styles
- Familiarity with Contract-Driven Development
- Familiarity with clean code principles
- Excellent debugging and problem solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Good understanding of best practices regarding Test Driven Design
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related discipline is required
- Well versed in Microsoft Visual Studio
- Must have experience working in Scrum based environment.
- Familiarity with DDD, CQRS, and Event Sourcing
- Experience writing compound queries against Elasticsearch or other schemaless document storage technologies
- Agile based Scrum team work experience using Git and Jira
Notice: Insureon does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.