Junior Site Reliability Engineer
Technology | Chicago, IL | Full Time
A pioneer in insurance technology, Insureon operates the largest online insurance marketplace for small businesses in the U.S. Our proprietary technology platform enables business owners to easily compare and purchase the insurance they need. We also license this platform to select industry participants who are looking to more effectively service their own clients. We are integrated with every major U.S. carrier, manage over ~$400M in premium annually and are licensed in all 50 states. For more information, visit http://www.insureon.com.
The company employs approximately 150 people nationally, with its corporate location in the heart of the financial district in the Chicago Loop.
We place a high value on having fun at work, personal and company integrity and teamwork, and we believe our success is truly a team sport. We foster a service mentality inside and outside our company and our fast-paced team is driven by results and is energetic about servicing our clients.
This role is based in our Chicago headquarters, however our company is currently working from home due to Covid-19 through the end of year 2020.
- Become frontline support on platform operation
- Support platform upgrades, optimization and releases which may involve after hours and weekend availability
- Analyze and improve the reliability, scalability, and efficiency of our systems
- Maintain alerting and efficient remediation processes or automation
- Monitor and respond to production metrics and alerting notifications
- 2+ years of operational experience
- Exceptional communication and troubleshooting skills
- Must be available during assigned off hours (in an on call rotation) for addressing possible production issues.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, troubleshooting skills as well as a strong attention to detail.
- Experience with operating AWS infrastructures (VPCs, ELBs, security groups, NAT gateways, auto-scaling, RDS, S3, CloudWatch)
- Experience with metrics and alerting platforms
- Experience managing Windows systems
- Experience managing Linux (Ubuntu) systems
- Building/implementing monitoring for network, server, application, and database layers
- Experience with monitoring tools such as Kibana and CloudWatch
- Familiarity with CI/CD pipelines a plus (using Git, Jenkins) a plus