InsureTech Product Development
Product Management | Chicago, IL | Full Time
A pioneer in insurance technology, Insureon operates the largest online insurance marketplace for small businesses in the U.S. Our proprietary technology platform enables business owners to easily compare and purchase the insurance they need. We also license this platform to select industry participants who are looking to more effectively service their own clients. We are integrated with every major U.S. carrier, manage over ~$400M in premium annually and are licensed in all 50 states. For more information, visit http://www.insureon.com.
The company employs approximately 150 people nationally, with its corporate location in the heart of the financial district in the Chicago Loop.
We place a high value on having fun at work, personal and company integrity and teamwork, and we believe our success is truly a team sport. We foster a service mentality inside and outside our company and our fast-paced team is driven by results and is energetic about servicing our clients.
We are seeking a Business Analyst in our downtown Chicago Office where we are reinventing the way small business insurance is sold today. Are you interested in joining a next generation firm that is changing the procurement process in the Stone Age industry of Insurance?
The most successful candidates:
- Analytical and problem solving skills with ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects
- Maintains knowledge of strategic direction and plan, including goals and objectives to achieve quality service results for our clients
- Organized with a keen eye and attention for detail
- Have the ability to self-manage and take ownership
- Continuously develops and strengthens the skills required for success
- Excited by new technologies and can thrive in a fast paced business environments
- Excellent client and interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with internal/external business partners
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to convey business requirements and technical needs in clear, concise, and effective manner
- Are tenacious and determined to win
- Support Product Managers in onboarding new Small Commercial insurance products (Business Owners Policy, General Liability, Workers’ Compensation, Errors & Omissions, etc.) including launching new industries, lines of business, and carriers on to the Insureon platform
- Work closely with our Engineering and QA teams to design and implement next generation web applications & integrate product with carriers to produce real-time quotes
- Liaison to insurance carriers in order to fully understand product components including underwriting rules and coverage comparisons
- Support in investigation, analysis, documentation and reporting on key business drivers of the organization
- Perform necessary research to fully understand the business issues, develop possible solutions, and to support development of innovative and cost effective solutions
- Acts as technical resource on best practices which may include technology or other business/functional areas.
- Continuously learn new trends and developments within functional area of expertise and the professional liability insurance industry
- Bachelor's degree
- Preferably 5-7 years’ experience in Insurance (InsurTech, Underwriting or Sales experience) or related field
- Proficiency in MS Excel and SQL