Insurance Account Manager
Account Management | Chicago, IL | Full Time
A pioneer in insurance technology, Insureon operates the largest online insurance marketplace for small businesses in the U.S. Our proprietary technology platform enables business owners to easily compare and purchase the insurance they need. We also license this platform to select industry participants who are looking to more effectively service their own clients. We are integrated with every major U.S. carrier, manage over ~$400M in premium annually and are licensed in all 50 states. For more information, visit http://www.insureon.com.
The company employs approximately 150 people nationally, with its corporate location in the heart of the financial district in the Chicago Loop.
We place a high value on having fun at work, personal and company integrity and teamwork, and we believe our success is truly a team sport. We foster a service mentality inside and outside our company and our fast-paced team is driven by results and is energetic about servicing our clients.
Summary of the Role:
Objective: The Account Manager will be responsible for the ongoing management of commercial clients, retention of new and renewal clients, and maintaining a partnership with carriers to support business development activities while upholding high service standards. These duties include but are not limited to:
- Maintaining relationships with multiple insurance companies/MGAs to negotiate and obtain quotes, binders, endorsements, etc.
- Cross selling products to potential customers
- Managing established book of accounts
- Negotiating renewals for existing customers
- Obtaining information and documentation from new and existing clients
- Processing endorsements for client’s and issuing certificates
- Resolving customer issues
- Supervision of Junior Account Managers through the renewal and endorsement processes
Essential Functions and Responsibilities;
- Approved State Licenses needed
- Independently manages accounts on a day-to-day basis which includes coordinating all services, answering all questions, and resolving problems, which may arise; maintains timeliness and completeness when interacting with clients
- Negotiates and secures the most appropriate carrier coverage based upon client needs for new and renewal business and negotiating cost of those coverages; maintains ongoing relationships with carrier product managers.
- Makes decisions regarding the resolution of all moderate and complex customer service problems: research and resolve coverage issues, audit issues, billing discrepancies in a timely manner.
- Solely responsible for ensuring all the terms and conditions of the insurance policies written by the insurance company are properly prepared and provides all of the coverage that was presented to the insured.
- Uses specific industry training and knowledge to determine the needs of the client and identify cross-selling opportunities; expands/rounds-out existing accounts by identifying potential gaps in coverage, recommending and implementing proper coverage.
- Researches and maintains industry knowledge of developing trends regarding carrier underwriting, appetite and pricing changes. Applies knowledge to negotiation of policies to provide best comprehensive coverage to clients.
- Solely responsible for having an understanding of assigned accounts in order to give proper advice for changing situations, which may require modifications to existing coverage.
- Supervise and work with the Junior Account Managers to ensure that basic Client Services tasks have been completed and all renewal documentation is complete.
- Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
Additional or Daily Responsibilities:
- High level of organization ability
- High degree of self-discipline and motivation
- Ability to follow processes and procedures and help develop new processes and procedures to help the company become more efficient
- Solution driven, problem solving skills and proven analytical skills
- Must be detail-oriented
- Must possess the ability to work independently, applying education and professional experience to achieve outstanding results
- Demonstrates highest level technical and cognitive abilities to ensure accuracy, precision and execute client requests on time
- Ability to understand and manage complex accounts while working under tight timeframes
- Team player with a strong work ethic
- Effective, professional verbal and written communication skills
- At least 5 years of Commercial Lines Account Management experience
- Familiar with Customer Account Servicing
- Demonstrated success in customer service skills
- High School Degree Required
- 4 Year Degree Preferred
- Appropriate insurance agent’s license required