Digital Sales Support Specialist
Sales | Chicago, IL | Full Time
A pioneer in insurance technology, Insureon operates the largest online insurance marketplace for small businesses in the U.S. Our proprietary technology platform enables business owners to easily compare and purchase the insurance they need. We also license this platform to select industry participants who are looking to more effectively service their own clients. We are integrated with every major U.S. carrier, manage over ~$400M in premium annually and are licensed in all 50 states. For more information, visit https://www.insureon.com
The company employs approximately 150 people nationally, with its corporate location in the heart of the financial district in the Chicago Loop.
We place a high value on having fun at work, personal and company integrity and teamwork, and we believe our success is truly a team sport. We foster a service mentality inside and outside our company and our fast-paced team is driven by results and is energetic about servicing our clients.
At Insureon, Digital Sales Support Specialists assist more experienced team members to advise customers on risk and insurance products, submit and broker small commercial business, present and close sales opportunities, and service accounts. This role is based in our Chicago headquarters (and has the ability to work remotely in the near-term due to Covid-19).
- Aid in app completion by communicating with Agents on risk details
- Manually rate applications with certain non-platform carriers
- Validate data on applications through web searches
- Aid in proposing quotes to agents
- Document collection and review for binding accounts with carriers
The most successful candidates:
- Have a basic understanding of the Small Commercial insurance marketplace
- Understand sales and have had experience selling to both businesses and consumers
- Are comfortable with computers
- Love a good challenge
- Have excellent interpersonal communication skills. You will need to explain simple to moderately complex concepts to a wide variety of people across multiple communication channels (e.g., phone, email, instant message, text, etc.)
- Are organized and methodical
Working with us means:
- You will receive a competitive base salary and have the chance to earn sales bonuses based on your performance.
- There are no dead-ends here and you can expect plenty of opportunities for advancement
Required license or certification:
- P&C license preferred
- Bachelor Degree preferred
Notice: Insureon does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee