Technology | Chicago, IL | Full Time
A pioneer in insurance technology, Insureon operates the largest online insurance marketplace for small businesses in the U.S. Our proprietary technology platform enables business owners to easily compare and purchase the insurance they need. We also license this platform to select industry participants who are looking to more effectively service their own clients. We are integrated with every major U.S. carrier, manage over ~$400M in premium annually and are licensed in all 50 states. For more information, visit http://www.insureon.com.
The company employs approximately 150 people nationally, with its corporate location in the heart of the financial district in the Chicago Loop.
We place a high value on having fun at work, personal and company integrity and teamwork, and we believe our success is truly a team sport. We foster a service mentality inside and outside our company and our fast-paced team is driven by results and is energetic about servicing our clients.
This role is based in our Chicago headquarters, however our company is currently working from home due to Covid-19 through the end of year 2020 and has the continued option for periodic scheduled work from home.
- Responsible for the overall technical integrity of the cloud infrastructure and approach to application availability.
- Develop and maintain the disaster and system recovery mechanisms and incident management alert escalations.
- Assist in the evolution and support of the continuous integration, deployment and delivery pipelines as well as the 2nd tier platform support.
- Ability and willingness to learn
- 3+ years of experience
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, troubleshooting skills as well as a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to establish priorities, know how to rationalize, document, discuss, plan, then act.
- Pride in their work and a desire to contribute to a small agile DevOps team.
- Must be available during assigned off hours (in an on call rotation) for addressing possible production issues.
- Mid to advanced level system administration -- Unix, Windows a plus
- Scripting -- Python (preferred), Bash, Groovy, Powershell and Ruby a plus
- Containers and Container management — Kubernetes and Docker
- Source control systems -- Git
- Enterprise scale CI/CD and build automation -- Jenkins, Terraform
- Cloud platforms -- AWS (EC2, EKS, CloudWatch, Route 53, Elasticsearch, Elastic Cache)
- Incident management / alert escalation systems -- PagerDuty (preferred)