Accounting | Chicago, IL | Full Time
Insureon is transforming the insurance industry through innovative distribution strategies, best-in-breed technology, and an unwavering commitment to serving our customers. We’ve become one of the most prominent companies in the Insurtech revolution by challenging conventional thinking and finding unconventional solutions to the industry’s problems. Our efforts have gotten attention, too – we’ve received awards from Entrepreneur Magazine (30th best privately owned company in 2016), Inc. Magazine (named one of the fastest-growing companies in 2014 and 2015), Insurance Journal (one of the Top 100 Property & Casualty Agencies in 2014, 2015, and 2016), Lexus Nexus (Most Innovative Insurtech award in 2017), and Crain’s Fast 50 in 2017.
Insureon is looking for a creative, accomplished, highly organized, and enthusiastic Controller to support the CEO and senior executive team in accounting, budgeting, and other finance related functions.
- Work directly with our CEO and other C-Suite Executives on all Finance and Accounting related matters
- Direct and manage all aspects of finance and accounting operations, overseeing all transactions related to GL, BS, IS, AR, AP, commissions, payroll, management of T&E, financial reporting and month end
- Prepare and review revenue/ expenses, budget and forecasting, over-see payroll entries and review and approve invoices
- Prepare and present financial statements in accordance with GAAP and apply appropriate accounting standards
- Interact with internal and external auditors and state and federal regulators in completing audits
- Direct and coordinate all company accounting and reporting functions, financial planning and budget management functions
- Direct, ensure completion, close and issue the company’s month, quarter, and year-end financial statements
- Monitor and analyze monthly operating results against budget and forecast
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the company’s accounting department; consisting of 12 team members
- Maintain and create corporate accounting policies, procedures, forms, and instructions
- Complies with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Reviews and analyzes the organization's accounting operation; establishes, develops, and/or recommends economic objectives and policies to management
- Work closely and transparently with all external partners including audit firm, banking institutions, financial and other consultants, as well as vendors
- Organizes, performs and oversees the performance of analysis including, but not limited to, cost analysis, utilization analysis, statistical analysis, financial analysis and productivity analysis
- Other duties as assigned
- 7+ years of accounting and/or finance experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Experience in the Insurance, FinTech, Financial Service or Banking industries
- Thorough knowledge of GAAP policies and procedures
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule as needed
- Excellent QuickBooks and Microsoft Excel user and administration skills
- A high degree of initiative, the ability to lead and motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several cross functional projects.
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections. Working knowledge of short and long-term budgeting and forecasting and rolling budgets
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to collaborate with not just the financial and accounting team but also with personnel at all levels of the organization; a demonstrated team builder.
- Master’s Degree