Marketing | Chicago, IL | Full Time
A pioneer in insurance technology, Insureon operates the largest online insurance marketplace for small businesses in the U.S. Our proprietary technology platform enables business owners to easily compare and purchase the insurance they need. We also license this platform to select industry participants who are looking to more effectively service their own clients. We are integrated with every major U.S. carrier, manage over ~$400M in premium annually and are licensed in all 50 states. For more information, visit http://www.insureon.com.
The company employs approximately 150 people nationally, with its corporate location in the heart of the financial district in the Chicago Loop.
We place a high value on having fun at work, personal and company integrity and teamwork, and we believe our success is truly a team sport. We foster a service mentality inside and outside our company and our fast-paced team is driven by results and is energetic about servicing our clients.
What You'll Do
The Content Specialist will write, edit, publish, and maintain engaging content across Insureon’s marketing channels. This includes content designed to educate small business owners, grow new business for Insureon, and retain and upsell existing customers.
In this role, you will support the Content Manager in building content calendars, meeting publishing deadlines, and posting content on our websites, blog, and social media channels. This opportunity offers you the chance to collaborate with and learn from SEO, Analytics, Product, Sales and insurance subject matter experts.
We prefer local candidates but will consider remote applicants.
Responsibilities – The “Day-to-Day”
- Write, edit, post, and optimize articles, blog posts, landing pages, product and industry-specific web pages, video scripts, emails, and social media content.
- Help project manage the content workflow from creation through publication and revision.
- Draft creative briefs that clearly explain the deliverable’s objectives, desired formatting, targeted topics/keywords, and competitive landscape.
- Enforce Insureon’s editorial standards and ensure content aligns with our voice and tone.
- Contribute to content calendar planning with Content and SEO leadership.
- Support the Content Manager with daily operations and ad hoc requests.
- Engage with customers to understand their insurance and small business needs and integrate their perspective and testimonials into content.
- Collaborate on original research projects to create unique content for small business owners.
- Provide content for A/B tests to boost conversion rates and enhance other key metrics.
- Participate in user experience research and usability studies.
- Bachelor’s degree in a content-related field (Marketing, Journalism, English, etc.) required
- 2+ years of relevant experience required
- Experience posting and publishing content in a CMS a plus
- Ability to rapidly write and edit your own content for ad hoc needs
- Familiarity with AP Style and SEO
- Proven track record of creating compelling, clear content
- Knowledgeable of best practices for web, mobile, and social media content
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and effectively deliver in a fast-paced environment
Notice: Insureon does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.