Account Manager (Commercial Lines Insurance)
Account Management | Chicago, IL | Full Time
Insureon is transforming the insurance industry through innovative distribution strategies, best-in-breed technology, and an unwavering commitment to serving our customers. We’ve become one of the most prominent companies in the Insurtech revolution by challenging conventional thinking and finding unconventional solutions to the industry’s problems. Our efforts have gotten attention, too – we’ve received awards from Entrepreneur Magazine (30th best privately owned company in 2016), Inc. Magazine (named one of the fastest-growing companies in 2014 and 2015), Insurance Journal (one of the Top 100 Property & Casualty Agencies in 2014, 2015, and 2016), Lexus Nexus (Most Innovative Insurtech award in 2017), and Crain’s Fast 50 in 2017.
Insureon is seeking an experienced Account Manager looking for opportunities for growth and advancement in the Small Commercial Insurance Industry.
At Insureon, Account Managers are assigned a book of business and assist more senior team members to deliver great customer experiences. You will advise on insurance and risk management, prepare and submit applications for insurance, broke the terms and conditions of insurance contracts, and coordinate and service accounts.
- Oversee, manage and grow an existing book of Small Business Commercial Lines Accounts
- Build, maintain and manage the relationship between our premier partner, insurance carriers and clients
- Provide a strong level of client service by utilizing interpersonal and organizational skills
- Utilize your critical thinking skills to provide accurate risk management
- Significant focus on book growth by sourcing opportunities in your assigned book
- Provide expertise in strategic planning and consultative advice to clients, including the productions, analysis and recommendations for changes to coverage plans
- Research and understand industry trends and government regulations
- Understand the clients’ insurance objectives and critically analyze and compare insurance plans to determine which is the best for the client
- Act as a liaison between clients and carriers to resolve any issues
- Responsible for the retention of accounts in the assigned book of business
- Accurately document conversations with clients and carriers in our CRM system
The most successful candidates have:
- Strong understanding of the Small Commercial marketplace, its carriers, processes, products (including insurance contracts)
- Understand sales and have had experience selling to both businesses and consumers.
- Tech savvy and excellent problem solvers
- Have excellent interpersonal communication skills (e.g., phone, postage, email, instant message, text, etc.)
- Current P&C License
- Have 5+ years of Commercial Lines experience in a brokerage environment
- Are an excellent communicator--both written and verbal
- Enjoy serving customers and aim to beat their expectations every-single-time
- Enjoy working on a team, but can also get it done on your own
Working with us means:
You will receive a competitive base salary and have the chance to earn sales bonuses based on your performance. We are a fast paced, growing firm which is the perfect place for a goal-oriented, hardworking individual who is looking to make a difference. There are no dead-ends here and you can expect plenty of opportunities for advancement.