Account Manager (Commercial Insurance)
Account Management | Chicago, IL | Full Time
Insureon is seeking exceptional insurance professionals looking for opportunities for growth and advancement in the Small Commercial Insurance Industry.
Who we are:
Insureon is transforming the insurance industry through innovative distribution strategies, best-in-breed technology, and an unwavering commitment to serving our customers. We’ve become one of the most prominent companies in the Insurtech revolution by challenging conventional thinking and finding unconventional solutions to the industry’s problems. Our efforts have gotten attention, too – we’ve received awards from Entrepreneur Magazine (30th best privately owned company in 2016), Inc. Magazine (named one of the fastest-growing companies in 2014 and 2015), Insurance Journal (one of the Top 100 Property & Casualty Agencies in 2014, 2015, and 2016), Lexus Nexus (Most Innovative Insurtech award in 2017), and Crain’s Fast 50 in 2017.
At Insureon, Account Managers an assigned book of business and assist more senior team members to deliver great customer experiences. You will advise on insurance and risk management, prepare and submit applications for insurance, broke the terms and conditions of insurance contracts, and coordinate and service accounts.
- Manage a book of business with existing clients
- Significant focus on book growth by sourcing opportunities in their assigned book
- Completes complicated service delivery and complicated administrative work, delegating simple tasks to Service Team.
- Assists Account Executive in service and renewal related tasks.
The most successful candidates:
- Have an understanding of the Small Commercial marketplace, its carriers, processes, products (including insurance contracts).
- Understand sales and have had experience selling to both businesses and consumers.
- Are comfortable with computers. We leverage web-based programs and software in our business.
- Are excellent problem solvers. We will look to you to decompose complex issues into smaller more manageable component parts.
- Have excellent interpersonal communication skills. You will need to explain simple to moderately complex concepts to a wide variety of people across multiple communication channels (e.g., phone, email, instant message, text, etc.)
- Are strong closers. Our sales team motivates prospective customers to purchase by articulating the value and benefits we offer.
- Understand insurance policies. You will need to synthesize simple to moderately complex insurance clauses as you work with insureds and underwriters.
- Are organized and methodical. We operate in an exciting and fast paced environment, you need to be able to switch between tasks and pick them back up in a moment’s notice.
Working with us means:
You will receive a competitive base salary and have the chance to earn sales bonuses based on your performance. We are a fast paced, growing firm which is the perfect place for a goal-oriented, hardworking individual who is looking to make a difference. There are no dead-ends here and you can expect plenty of opportunities for advancement.
Let’s chat if you:
- Have 2+ years of Commercial Lines experience
- Are an excellent communicator--both written and verbal
- Are a type-A personality and like to solve puzzles
- Enjoy serving customers and aim to beat their expectations every-single-time
- Enjoy working on a team, but can also get it done on your own
Required license or certification:
- P&C license