Technical Support Engineer
Support | Bangalore, India | Full Time
A Little About Us:
At Instart, we are building a world where digital experiences continuously adapt to become increasingly engaging with every interaction.
Instart is a Palo Alto based late stage startup backed by the who’s who of the VC world – Andreessen Horowitz, Kleiner Perkins, Greylock and Sutter Hill to name a few.
Today, we are the trusted digital experience management partner for Fortune 100 companies, who are leaders in their respective industries. Our team is made up of motivated individuals that help each other do remarkable things every single day. We have built an amazing platform that large enterprises around the world are using to drive the performance, consumer experience and security of their cloud, web and mobile applications.
Of course, because we are building groundbreaking applications and architecture that is transforming and disrupting application delivery at the enterprise level scale, we are facing new challenges in every facet of our business. So, we are looking for disruptive, transformative individuals ready to embrace these challenges with the same passion, vision, and dedication that we do.
A Lot About You:
What your day2day looks like:
- Ability to work independently to resolve technical issues with Instart Logic’s products and infrastructure as reported by our customers and internal team.
- Consistently follow up and update the CRM Tool in a prompt manner for all support cases until the closure of a case. Ensure response times and update intervals adhere to the Instart Logic’s customer SLA agreement.
- Develop internal and customer-facing documents/knowledge based articles to be published.
- Communicate and coordinate customer needs and RFEs to our development, operations, and sales staff.
- Be part of 24x7 support rotation schedule.
- Provide active feedback to Engineering Team regarding product improvements from operations/customer perspective.
- Work with Sales Teams at different stages of customer onboarding including demo/configuration help, POC, etc.
- Follow Instart Logic’s Support Process
What Catches Our Eye:
- BS/MS in computer science
- 10+ years of experience as a Customer Support Engineer
- Front-line support experience and direct interaction with the customers is a must
- Strong individual contributor proficient in scripting languages such as Python and Shell
- Excellent understanding of technical fundamentals of the Internet and OSI Stack
- Solid knowledge of internet protocols such as HTTP, SSL, and DNS as well as the ability to use diagnostic tools such as log analysis, traceroute, and ping
- High familiarity with Linux platform and command line utilities
- In-depth knowledge of web application stack as well as ability to diagnose the web front-end using browser developer/diagnostic tools
- Excellent communication skills with both internal teams and external customers. Support issues may involve live customer interaction over the phone.
- Ability to understand a customer problem or question and quickly help them resolve the issue
- Excellent writing skills as most communication will be in written form
- Ability to execute in a cross-functional technical team
How to really impress us:
- Startup experience!!
- Experience with deploying a new product and then supporting it through the lifecycle
- Familiarity with distributed systems/SAS service development and deployment model
- Familiarity with performance related products/services like WOC, CDN, and ADC
- Some understanding and ability to code LUA