Engineering | Palo Alto, CA | Full Time
Instart Logic accelerates cloud application delivery for the world’s most performance-obsessed organizations, including One King’s Lane, wine.com, Shutterstock, Washington Post and Kongregate. Instart Logic is the first cloud application delivery service in the world to extend beyond the limited backend-only cloud architectures of the past with an innovative new intelligent client-cloud platform delivered as a service. This new approach is based on software-defined architecture rather than hardware and network scale.
- Ability to work independently to resolve technical issues with Instart Logic’s products and infrastructure as reported by our customers and internal team.
- Consistently follow up and update the CRM Tool in a prompt manner for all support cases until the closure of a case. Ensure response times and update intervals adhere to the Instart Logic’s customer SLA agreement.
- Develop internal and customer-facing documents/knowledge based articles to be published.
- Communicate and coordinate customer needs and RFEs to our development, operations, and sales staff.
- Be part of 24x7 support rotation schedule.
- Provide active feedback to Engineering Team regarding product improvements from operations/customer perspective.
- Work with Sales Teams at different stages of customer onboarding including demo/configuration help, POC, etc.
- Follow Instart Logic’s Support Process
- BS/MS in computer science
- 7+ years of experience as a Customer Support Engineer
- Front-line support experience and direct interaction with the customers is a must
- Strong individual contributor proficient in scripting languages such as Python and Shell
- Excellent understanding of technical fundamentals of the Internet and OSI Stack
- Solid knowledge of internet protocols such as HTTP, SSL, and DNS as well as the ability to use diagnostic tools such as log analysis, traceroute, and ping
- High familiarity with Linux platform and command line utilities
- In-depth knowledge of web application stack as well as ability to diagnose the web front-end using browser developer/diagnostic tools
- Excellent communication skills with both internal teams and external customers. Support issues may involve live customer interaction over the phone.
- Ability to understand a customer problem or question and quickly help them resolve the issue
- Excellent writing skills as most communication will be in written form
- Ability to execute in a cross-functional technical team
- Startup experience!!
- Experience with deploying a new product and then supporting it through the lifecycle
- Familiarity with distributed systems/SAS service development and deployment model
- Familiarity with performance related products/services like WOC, CDN, and ADC
- Some understanding and ability to code LUA