Business Development & Channel Partnerships | Bangalore, India | Full Time
Instart Logic - A radical approach to application delivery
Instart Logic makes application delivery fast, secure and easy. Instart Logic’s end-to-end platform combines machine learning for performance and security with a content delivery network (CDN) for application delivery and is designed for DevOps and mobile-first applications. Using Instart Logic, organizations can provide ultra-fast, visually immersive and secure experiences on any device to maximize revenue, deliver superior customer experiences and gain competitive advantage. Instart Logic is funded by Andreessen Horowitz, Four Rivers Group, Geodesic Capital, Greylock Partners, Hermes Growth Partners, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, Sutter Hill Ventures, Telstra Ventures, Tenaya Capital, Wing Venture Capital and several notable Silicon Valley angel investors.
At Instart Logic, the Sales Engineer is the technical side of the business development team and an expert in the field. The Sales Engineer is responsible for educating customers and partners, understanding their technical & business issues and developing innovative solutions. They must also have strong communication skills for customer presentations, industry events and providing a feedback loop to Product Management. The Sales Engineer would focus on pre-sales site evaluation, testing, uncovering customer requirements, and capturing data that compares our service over a prospect's current solutions.
They will work closely with partners and alliances team to evaluate new partners and create new joint solutions
You must possess a strong understanding of common web and application architectures. This position requires technical skills, expertise with various web publishing environments and web performance tools, and documentation experience. Successful candidates must be action-oriented, capable of independently solving complex technical problems, and be able to communicate clearly and effectively to both the Sales and Engineering teams.
- Analyze customer web application for potential opportunities to demonstrate our solution’s unique capabilities
- Work independently to evaluate prospective customers' web architecture and deliver the appropriate evaluation, delivering reports on improvements using the Instart Logic service
- Work closely with Sales and Engineering to resolve technical issues that arise during customer testing and demo creation
- Create test plans, demos, and customer and/or partner presentations
- Drive improved testing, demos, and reports leading to compelling pre-sales support for business development organization
- Participate in internal projects that help scale the group, implement best practices, and improve our methodology and quality of performance testing
- Work with customer success team during on-boarding process
- Work with product team during evaluating and on-boarding a partner
- Understanding of three-tier architecture
- Experience using web measurement tools (using tools like Gomez/Compuware, Keynote, Firebug, Wireshark)
- Knowledge of different CMS systems such as Wordpress, Joomla, Drupal, etc.
- Knowledge of Lua, Nginx
- Degree in Computer Science (or equivalent)
- Minimum 5 years of work experience