Software Engineer - Ad Systems Engineer
Engineering | Palo Alto, CA | Full Time
About Instart :
Instart is a digital experience management company. We help thousands of leading brands like Walmart, Neiman Marcus, CBS and Microsoft to deliver faster, safer and more engaging online experiences for millions of their customers. Our Digital Experience Cloud helps our customers improve the performance, consumer experience and security of their cloud, web and mobile applications - resulting in higher revenue and better customer satisfaction.
Instart’s digital experience management platform combines artificial intelligence, application and device awareness, and open APIs with a broad suite of integrated and automated capabilities spanning Cloud, Web and Mobile Application Performance Optimization, Image Optimization, Digital Advertising and Marketing Analytics Recovery, Web Application Firewall, DDOS Protection, Bot Management and a Content Delivery Network.
You need to have a deep passion for coding and also be versatile enough to explore and solve problems across various facets of computer science, including:
- Deep understanding of Ad ecosystem.
- Deep knowledge of common ad serving and supply side programmatic systems, such as Google DFP/AdX, AppNexus, OpenX, Rubicon.
- Deep understanding of improving yield, CPM, Header bidding etc.
- Strong analytical and creative problem solving skills
- Solid understanding of relevant campaign metrics, including conversion tracking
- Familiarity with developer tools used for troubleshooting issues across all ad types including display, video, and mobile (Chrome developer tools, Fiddler, Firebug, Tamper, etc.)
- Developed large scale, low latency systems
- Algorithms and design
This is a living growing list :)
We are looking for a passionate engineer to help design and build innovative features to help continue and expand our leadership in Application Delivery. The responsibilities will include innovating the client platform (Nanovisor) as it applies to the Ad Tech ecosystem. If this excites you, we want to talk to you!
- Experience working with various Ad Exchanges.
- Experience improving overall yield/CPM through better targeted campaigns.
- Experience in programming in an browser-based environment is a plus
- Prior experience being part of a team that delivered early versions of a product in a successful startup is a plus
- Minimum Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science (or equivalent)