Senior Security Analyst
Technical Operations | Palo Alto, CA | Full Time
Instart logic - A radical new approach to application delivery
The Instart Logic service is the first cloud application delivery service in the world to extend beyond the limited backend-only cloud architectures of the past with an innovative new intelligent client-cloud platform delivered as a service. This new approach is based on software-defined architecture rather than hardware and network scale.
- Use common security tools and techniques to analyze network traffic and systems behavior in order to identify and track potential attacks and adversaries.
- Develop tools and scripts to automate vulnerability detection.
- Validate vulnerabilities found by automated tools, bug bounty programs, and manual testing and determine priority for mitigation.
- Suggest firewall and NIDS rules and configuration changes to the environment in order to mitigate observed attacks.
- Determine root cause of potential security events or incidents.
- Effectively communicate through written and spoken means with technical peers.
- Under the guidance of management, respond to security incidents.
- Own tracking and resolution of security incidents and mitigations.
- Occasional on-call work.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years of experience in information/computer security.
- 1+ years of experience as a security analyst.
- Experience writing NIDS, SIEM and Firewall rules.
- Experience in writing SQL queries.
- Experience working with digital forensic tools a plus
- 2+ years of automated scripting knowledge
- UNIX / Linux experience