Senior Recruiter/Talent Acquisition Manager
G&A | Palo Alto, CA | Full Time and Contract
Instart Logic is a Palo Alto based late stage startup backed by the who’s who of the VC world – Andreessen Horowitz, Kleiner Perkins, Greylock, and Sutter Hill, to name a few. Our VP of HR & Staffing is looking to add to the team an experienced in-house recruiter who has the potential of becoming our Staffing Manager.
The ideal candidate will work out of our headquarters in Palo Alto and has a successful track record of recruiting for multiple positions in high tech software companies both in-house and/or in an agency environment. Must have the ability to manage and drive good hires. Strong interviewing practices and processes are also a necessity.
- This is a full-cycle in-house role. You will be responsible for sourcing the highest caliber candidates using Google searches, networking, and LinkedIn Recruiter, reviewing and editing job descriptions, posting jobs, conducting first level phone screens, negotiating offers, closing candidates, and managing candidate flow in the ATS
- Build a solid partnership with our senior leaders to understand the needs of their team and the business, and utilize your talent market expertise, data, and business acumen to influence hiring managers on how to identify and acquire the best talent
- Ensure best practices in the interview and candidate experience. This includes educating managers on fair and unbiased hiring practices and helping define and refine the interview process
- Create and maintain a continual flow of candidates using advanced internet searching skills, cold calling, networking, database mining, referrals, social/business websites, and other non-traditional avenues. Utilizing third party recruiters only for hard-to-fill, niche searches
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree plus a minimum of 5+ years of in-house and/or agency staffing experience in small and mid-size companies hiring for positions across all functions both technical and non-technical
- Must know the basics of employment law as it applies to the employment process to ensure compliance with EEO, ADA, FMLA and other employment laws to reduce legal liability in the hiring process
- Must have the ability to quickly grasp new technologies and concepts in order to explain to candidates the company’s core business, key initiatives, culture, financials, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to work with the hiring manager and HR to negotiate complex offers and close hard-to-get candidates
- Ability to influence and build relationships with senior leaders, understand their talent needs, develop a staffing plan, and then drive the process through to offer acceptance
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with all levels of management and candidates
- Must have excellent prioritization, organizational, and customer service skills
- Must know best practices in staffing analytics and be able to have data-driven communications in the staffing process