Senior Director of Product Management
Product | Palo Alto, CA | Full Time
At Instart, we are building a world where digital experiences continuously adapt to become increasingly engaging with every interaction.
Instart is a Palo Alto based late stage startup backed by the who’s who of the VC world – Andreessen Horowitz, Kleiner Perkins, Greylock and Sutter Hill to name a few.
Today, we are the trusted digital experience management partner for Fortune 100 companies, who are leaders in their respective industries. Our team is made up of motivated individuals who help each other do remarkable things every single day. We have built an amazing platform that large enterprises around the world are using to drive the performance, consumer experience and security of their cloud, web and mobile applications.
We are looking for an experienced senior director of product management to join the Instart product team. This person will be a strategist, leader, product champion and subject matter expert for the products we sell to our eCommerce customers. Reporting to the VP of Product Management, this role will be involved in all aspects of the product lifecycle including problem definition, product strategy, product requirements gathering, roadmap planning and of course working closely with customers, prospects, sales, and support to help drive the business forward.
Great communication and presentation skills will be needed as you will often participate in sales and executive meetings with customers, prospects, and leaders within the company. A passion for success in a competitive market environment is a key requirement, along with a strong commitment to teamwork. And finally we want someone who has experience building and leading teams who can grow a team with the continued success of the company.
The ideal candidate will be highly technical and have a background and experience in solutions used by large eCommerce customers. Having an understanding of web performance and cloud delivery infrastructure solutions is a big plus.
- 10+ years of product management experience driving the development of enterprise SaaS software for optimizing digital experiences
- In depth experience with customers and digital solutions used by large eCommerce and Travel companies
- Excellent written and verbal skills are essential, including presenting to large audiences in public speaking scenarios
- Expert in influencing and communicating product capabilities to customers, prospects, sales people, developers, and industry analysts
- Experience with technologies and solutions used in delivering and optimization eCommerce websites including commerce platforms, business analytics, experience testing and optimization, and omnichannel personalization solutions.
- Exposure to web performance solutions and enterprise cloud solutions is a plus.
- Proven track record of building and leading product management teams
- Highly adept at working through others and building deep networks inside and outside the organization
- Ability to communicate concisely to all levels from CEO to software engineers
- Strong competitive and market analysis skills
- Bachelor’s degree with a technical discipline a big plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.