Sales Engineer - East
Technical Services | Atlanta, GA | Full Time
Instart logic - A radical new approach to application delivery
The Instart Logic service is the first cloud application delivery service in the world to extend beyond the limited backend-only cloud architectures of the past with an innovative new intelligent client-cloud platform delivered as a service. This new approach is based on software-defined architecture rather than hardware and network scale.
Instart is looking for Sales Engineers that can partner with Sales in presenting and proving the value of the Instart platform and drive sales opportunities to fruition. You will be demonstrating the Instart platform to individuals ranging from C-level executives to hands-on technical staff. Strong candidates will bring both polished sales acumen and deep technical expertise.
As a Sales Engineer at Instart, you will be responsible for understanding customers’ initiatives, priorities, use cases and application lifecycles. Technical validations will include web performance design, web security design, web performance management and customer onboarding.
- Provide product demonstrations and performance/security reviews to all relevant customer contacts
- Manage architectural overviews and in-depth deployment discussions across all customer deployment models
- Comprehensive security analysis and design covering Web Application Firewall (WAF), Bot Detection and DDoS protection
- Scoping, Designing and Building configurations to optimize and secure customers’ most valuable workflows and digital properties
- Assist in the attainment of Instart’s renewals business
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or related discipline, or equivalent work experience.
10+ years of information technology experience, with a desired 3+ years in a relevant web performance or security management role or similar position providing comprehensive support of critical customer applications.
- Possess drive, desire, and ability to process and correlate data from multiple sources to derive compelling performance and security reviews
- 3+ years using Application Performance Management and other IT analysis tools such as Splunk, Catchpoint, Blue Triangle, New Relic, etc
- - OR -
- 3+ years working in a Security Operations Center and/or with a Security Incident and Event Management platform such as Splunk, AlienVault, LogRhythm, ArcSight, etc
- Capable of capturing and analyzing network protocol traffic to assist in Design and RCA
- Security industry certifications like Security+, CCNA, CEH, GSEC / GCIH / GCIA, CISSP
- Deep understanding of the following technologies and concepts:
- Certificate-enabled applications (SSL/TLS, S/MIME, EFS, 802.1X, Code Signing, etc)
- Web and web application servers (J2EE, .NET) and general web technologies
- Knowledge of emerging technologies and modern architectural concepts such cloud, containers, microservices, single page applications, event-driven automation, etc.
- Exceptional analytical, diagnostic, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently with a high degree of initiative and determination