Field and Event Marketing Manager
Marketing | Palo Alto, CA | Full Time
Instart Logic - A radical new approach to application delivery
Instart Logic makes application delivery fast, secure and easy. Instart Logic’s end-to-end platform combines machine learning for performance and security with a content delivery network (CDN) for application delivery, and is designed for DevOps and mobile-first applications. Using Instart Logic, organizations can provide ultra-fast, visually immersive and secure experiences on any device to maximize revenue, deliver superior customer experiences and gain competitive advantage. Instart Logic is funded by Andreessen Horowitz, Four Rivers Group, Geodesic Capital, Greylock Partners, Hermes Growth Partners, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, Sutter Hill Ventures, Telstra Ventures, Tenaya Capital, Wing Venture Capital and several notable Silicon Valley angel investors.
This role is an exciting opportunity to collaborate with world-class marketers to rollout field marketing programs that ultimately drive revenue. Primarily focused on the western region of the US and based out of Palo Alto the successful marketer, will have the opportunity to develop integrated programs across a variety of tactics.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage events from soup to nuts. The expectation here is that you understand the process and have executed events in a world-class fashion. From researching to recommending, to negotiating, to pre-planning, logistics, managing budgets, schedules, all of this is old-hat.
- Execute full cycle event marketing. For the sponsorships that require it, you’ll have demonstrated your ability to proactively plan pre-event, at-event, and post-event activities.
- Build relationships with key providers. A key component of this role is the ability to build relationships within a marketing ecosystem to identify untapped marketing outlets; and then to capitalize on them.
- Be familiar with ‘B2B’ field marketing. We manage the funnel and its conversions. If you’re familiar with this construct you know how important it is to manage funnel activity within a CRM, and preferably SFDC.
- Consistently report/analyze results. You’ll have a keen sense for data and have actively worked in systems like SFDC and Marketo to report on your results.
In summary, you’ll work with work with cross-functional teams to meet and exceed OKRs and be a key contributor to define and manage budgets while reporting directly to the Director of Field Marketing. Measuring, analyzing, and reporting on the impact of field marketing on sales pipeline revenue (marketing sourced and influenced) is part and parcel of the role and should not be a surprise to you. You’ll partner with Digital, PR, Customer Marketing, and Demand Gen teams to drive success. If you crave high velocity and if rolling up your sleeves is how you wake up, then this is the role for you.
Required Experience & Qualifications:
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Field or Event Marketing
- The ideal candidate will have a fundamental understanding of how to market to the enterprise
- Must be a true self-starter. Your ability to manage your objectives, the results you’re going after, your calendar, your email, your internal customers as well as vendors to drive results, is not new to you.
- Results Oriented: Passion and drive to dramatically grow business results.
- Innovative: Generates new ideas to push the bounds of marketing.
- Analytical: Solid analytical, “test & learn” mindset and continually assess KPIs to monitor business performance.