Field and Event Marketing Leader
Marketing | Palo Alto, CA | Full Time
As one of the hottest late stage IPO candidates in the valley, Instart Logic is looking for an experienced field and event marketing executive to join our team and to help drive our already substantial growth.
Our firm has built an amazing platform that hundreds of leading large enterprises around the world are using to drive the performance, consumer experience and security of their cloud, web and mobile applications. Ecommerce companies will enjoy 5-8% higher revenue after deploying our platform. Digital advertisers will see 3-12% higher revenue. Cloud and mobile applications for the Global 2000 will run 20% to 80% faster, look better and be safer. Our market opportunity is easily in the billions.
Our field and event marketing leader will have broad responsibility to build and lead a world-class field and event marketing team, execute amazing events manage a substantial budget. This is a high-profile position internally – our sales team is growing massively – and this role is first about working with sales leadership to develop and deploying a pipeline generating machine through a broad range of field based programs, events and trade shows – produced by your team, by third parties and with our partners.
To apply for this role, you must have a demonstrated track record of field and event marketing excellence at leading SaaS or Cloud application or technology platform companies. Ideally, you will have public company, IPO and pre-IPO experience. While it would be helpful for you to have background in SaaS/cloud platforms, e-commerce, application delivery and/or ad-tech, we are looking first and foremost for a field marketing athlete and leader.
Our prospects are C-level line of business and IT executives at the largest brands in the world – so demonstrated excellence in an account-based marketing world running concierge level, high-touch thought-leadership based programs for strategic enterprise accounts is critical. You must have the personal presence to engage with very senior executives at some of the largest companies in the world.
This is a hands-on role – while we are looking for a leader, you will also roll up your sleeves and get dirty executing. You should also be excited about being tapped more broadly to help your peers with other types of marketing programs when conditions so require. You must be an excellent communicator, writer, planner and business leader – and comfortable running programs for both line of business and IT audiences
When you apply for this role, the first thing our CMO is going to do is pick up the phone and call your prior sales executives. We want to hear that you worked together with them in partnership, and they could not have made their number without you. We want to hear you engaged with senior prospect executives at events, and helped drive the sales process forward. We want to hear you were a thought leader working in concert with sales, and pushing sales - and not just a servant of sales.
Be clear that our top priority is all about partnering with sales leadership to drive pipeline – we are already large and growing as fast as 300% year over year – so whatever it takes to plan and run amazing programs and events to drive pipeline at targeted accounts is going to be the top priority for you and your team. Show us you are a pipeline generating field marketing animal.
The company is an amazing technology innovator. We are disrupting very large markets, with entrenched and slow moving competitors, our platform plays in many categories, and we have a large and growing partner community. Another major role for field and event marketing will be working with our partners and our partner marketing team to plan joint programs with our partners and to tap into their customer events and customer bases.
Your people management, hiring, planning and budgeting skills are important to this role, as over time you will build out a large team with a substantial budget. You will also be exposed to and asked to contribute to a broad range of marketing programs outside of field marketing – so if you aspire to broaden your skills to be a VP of corporate marketing, this would be an ideal position to consider.
Gravitas, serious expertise, an established reputation as a change agent, and fearless communications are all highly respected in our culture. The successful candidate will have a big, visible personality and will both possess and be willing to defend strong convictions about how to drive a multi-hundred million dollar business growing well in excess of 100% year over year.
This position is primarily focused on driving North America pipeline, but you will work together with our country marketing executives to drive your programs globally, and to incorporate the best innovations from our regions into our global strategy.
This position reports to the chief marketing officer.
- BA or BS degree from a top school. An MBA is preferred
- 7+ years of relevant B2B field and event marketing excellence
- Past experience as manager or director of field and event marketing at leading valley cloud computing or SaaS companies, focused on marketing to both line of business and IT, is required
- Desire to travel frequently across North America and less frequently internationally
- Demonstrated track record of excellence in field and event marketing at leading Silicon Valley technology companies
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute compelling, highly effective field-based plays and campaigns
- Experience with direct, channel and partner field and event marketing – driving pipeline using both internal and external resources
- Amazing execution – show us your portfolio of fabulous, effective events
- Killer selection, planning and execution of trade shows
- Managed an annual budget of at least $1 million, with a portfolio of planning and results documents you can share
- Demonstrated ability to manage, lead and grow a world class team
- Outstanding knowledge of B2B field and event marketing processes, measurement and best practices
- Clear track record of disrupting and crushing your competition
- Excellent skills in sales and marketing systems and analytics – we use Marketo and Salesforce
- Demonstrated symbiotic relationships with CEOs, CRO’s, chief marketing officers, and sales executives
- Excellent presentation, communication, planning and leadership skills
- Desire for boldness, experience disrupting entrenched competitors in mature markets
- High energy individual and entrepreneurial in spirit and deed – motivated by an equity upside and a long-term opportunity, ready to grow a highly motivated and dedicated team and advance an important business