Director of Sales Operations
Sales | Palo Alto, CA | Full Time
Founded on a single mission: Disrupt the status quo in website and mobile application performance.
At Instart, we believe good isn't good enough, fast isn't fast enough, and boundaries must be crossed to deliver something truly different. We're redefining the way companies deliver website and mobile applications with the world's first endpoint-aware application delivery solution.
Our first to market solution provides a completely new way to accelerate web and mobile application performance. The intelligent architecture optimizes website elements based on the user’s specific device, browser, and network conditions.
This new breed of technology enables businesses to deliver rapid, secure, customer-centric website and mobile application experiences. Gain the control and flexibility to move at the speed of business and innovate ahead of demand with Instart.
Instart is seeking to hire a seasoned and accomplished sales operations executive to build the company’s sales operations team which will include financial planning/management/modeling and enablement. This position is based out of our Palo Alto headquarters office and will report to the Chief Revenue Officer. Notwithstanding there will be significant interaction and cooperation with the CFO and CMO. For focused individuals who thrive in an environment of change and who have demonstrated a highly successful track record, this position provides high visibility and an ability for financial rewards through the monetization of their stock options. While Instart seeks an independent, autonomous and creative performer, this individual must also be a “team player” who can successfully partner with the already existing and dedicated finance, engineering, marketing, sales development and pre-sales personnel.
Task and Responsibilities:
- Administer, manage and report on revenue forecasting using Instart’s sales process methodology and automation/forecasting tools; drive adoption of forecasting tools and dashboards within their respective geographies/markets.
- Drive standards of performance and specific actions that drive sales activities at the territory level that is consistent with predefined success criteria for the sales organization; track and report on these activities on a periodic and/or scheduled basis
- Ownership in driving field readiness/enablement initiatives for their respective geographies and markets that address weakness areas in solution, product and selling skills; working with field managers, enforce consistent usage of Instart methodology, tracking & drive adoption.
- Own sales certification of Instart marketing message, corporate presentation, whiteboard and elevator pitch.
- Manage and assist in streamlining the non-standard transactions approval process; track quarterly geo metrics on average discounts, non-standard exceptions etc. and recommend action items to improve these metrics.
- Participate in quarter-end close process to facilitate tracking of closed revenue
- Key owner for the respective geographies and/or markets in driving the implementing and maintaining the “quote to order process” as it relates to the field organization deliverables
- Participate in designing & implementing sales compensation plans; working with Chief Revenue Officer, finance and human resource department to ensure consistency in compensation plan, process and controls
- Investigate, develop, and implement new approaches for providing decision support to the worldwide sales organization
- Assist in all facets of worldwide sales planning, inclusive of regular updates to quotas, headcount and sales compensation plans.
- Partner with the Chief Revenue Officer on all non-customer facing issues impacting the success of the sales team.
Performance Requirements (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- 5+ years’ experience in a sales operations environment, preferably in the high tech industry; software/SAAS product company specifically preferred
- Demonstrated passion for information and business intelligence
- Strong understanding of sales processes and methodologies
- Strong organizational and managerial skills with ability to manage multiple projects
- Excellent analytical skills with strong attention to detail
- Proven track record of effectively interfacing with cross-functional departments and sales management team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft applications; Excel, PowerPoint and MS Word
- High proficiency in sf.com.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field. MBA preferred.
Instart has a powerful and palpable culture. It is egalitarian meritocracy where people are encouraged to both listen and to express their opinions. While clearly focused on the customer, there is a commitment to diversity and the benefits that come with a multinational workforce and orientation. Individuals work hard but their efforts are rewarded financially and from career perspective. Adherence to ethical conduct and consistently high integrity behaviors are the rule.
A highly consultative and customer-centric sales professional with superb interpersonal and written communications
Capacity to think and act on both a tactical and strategic level
- High level of ethical behavior
- A creative thinker who’s not afraid to share ideas and give (and receive) both positive and negative feedback
- A risk taker who has a high level of ambitions balanced with good business judgment and instincts
- Enjoy consensus and work well within a team environment
- Strong work ethic
- Sophistication regarding multicultural issues
- The desire for a long-term opportunity to further develop his/her career by making an ongoing contribution to a growing technology company
This person will be compensated with a base salary, bonus/MBOs and incentive stock options. In addition to this highly competitive compensation package, Instart’s medical, dental and benefits program are competitive and comprehensive. Compensation and incentive stock options will be competitive and commensurate with the experience level of the individual.